how do you give a good skull ride?

My guess is that you are misinterpreting a better grappler for a bully. QUOTE]

Lol. Your guess would be wrong. Somethings have happened that are not legal under any bjj rules. If you read the thread I asked about levelling the field, not just riding a skull.

Lol. Your guess would be wrong. Somethings have happened that are not legal under any bjj rules. If you read the thread I asked about levelling the field, not just riding a skull.

You still have yet to describe what your partner has done that is so egregious as to warrant retaliation.

TS,

Be aware of the fact that while you might want to retaliate immediately, you just might not have the ability to.

I have experienced lower ranks ratcheting up the intensity against me, in response to I guess their perceived "losing" or hell, maybe they think I am being rough. The point is, they can ratchet up the intensity, but they can't just decide to all of a sudden be better than me at grappling. It overall results in a much worse roll for them, because I just 'control' them that much more in response to the escalation.

Along the same lines, keep in mind what you are perceiving as bullying may just be proper use of pressure and control. I train with a black belt who if you didn't know him well you might think is a dick for the sheer amount of pressure he is willing to, and will apply to your jaw in side control. Fact is he is a fantastic, friendly and humble guy who is just practicing good jiu jitsu.

If your bully really is a bully, still refer to my first point. If he is better than you, it is probably unlikely that you will be given the opportunity to retaliate, and if you do, be prepared to get smashed right back and harder than ever.

Sean's post is really on point. You need to become better at grappling than the bully, only the funny thing is, if you did exceed him, you wouldn't need to worry about it anymore.

TS,

Be aware of the fact that while you might want to retaliate immediately, you just might not have the ability to.

I have experienced lower ranks ratcheting up the intensity against me, in response to I guess their perceived "losing" or hell, maybe they think I am being rough. The point is, they can ratchet up the intensity, but they can't just decide to all of a sudden be better than me at grappling. It overall results in a much worse roll for them, because I just 'control' them that much more in response to the escalation.

This is a really good post.

Ok, so what did he do? Heelhook in gi class? Eye gouging? Not respecting the tap?

I would talk to the instructor if it is something that would get you DQd in the competition. Other than that, it is just grappling. You can always tap.

Good post by Vitamin C.

TS refers to a dick and wants to perform skull ride.

Disappointed at thread progress thus far.

My wife would be pretty upset if I were riding someone's skull in the gym.

Keep the skullriding in the bedroom where it belongs.

I want to be clear. I am not talking about people going very hard but staying within the rules. I'm all for that and people have been going hard in my class since my first lesson. The thread is about someone fighting dirty, i.e. not within the rules and with possibility of inflicting injury.

This tell the teacher stuff is bullshit. What If he doesn't see it and the opponent denies it?

I want to be clear. I am not talking about people going very hard but staying within the rules. I'm all for that and people have been going hard in my class since my first lesson. The thread is about someone fighting dirty, i.e. not within the rules and with possibility of inflicting injury.

Why are you so hesitant to tell us what he did that you consider out of line? If it's really that bad, what is it??

This tell the teacher stuff is bullshit. What If he doesn't see it and the opponent denies it?

This isn't the 3rd grade, chief. If you try to politely discuss the matter with your partner and he won't cut it out, you escalate it to the instructor. That's how grown ups resolve problems.

The instructor presumably wants to keep your business. Plus, any instructor worth his salt doesn't want bad blood brewing between students. Odds are, he will take you at your word and talk to your partner to get his side of the story. If he refuses to help with your concern, that's a sign of 2 possible things:

1) You're overreacting to something that is incidental or perfectly acceptable.
and/or
2) You should consider finding a new gym.

Last edited:
Why are you so hesitant to tell us what he did that you consider out of line? If it's really that bad, what is it??

This isn't the 3rd grade, chief. If you try to politely discuss the matter with your partner and he won't cut it out, you escalate it to the instructor. That's how grown ups resolve problems.

The instructor presumably wants to keep your business. Plus, any instructor worth his salt doesn't want bad blood brewing between students. Odds are, he will take you at your word and talk to your partner to get his side of the story. If he refuses to help with your concern, that's a sign of 2 possible things:

1) You're overreacting to something that is incidental or perfectly acceptable.
and/or
2) You should consider finding a new gym

Well yeah TS could be mature about it.

worse...it's no gi and he wore nothing below the waist.

Truly unforgivable.

But let's be honest, it sounds like he got tea bagged in a grappling class.

He requires vengeance. His ego will not be satiated until he applies his testicular sweat to the face of another man.

TS, you're going to get very poor advice until we know the specifics, teabag or not. Let's not leave one saliva moistened pubic hair uncombed.

the back of the ears and just keep scraping.

It will tear the tender skin and will sting when he will have a shower for days until it heals.

also he will think of you every time he turns on his pillow trying to sleep as the back of his ears will hurt really bad.

You can use the same technique by just rubbing your elbow/sleeve on the back of the ears. it will achieve the same effect without showing that you really meant it.

What the fuck is wrong with you?

EDIT: You own a gym, right? Mind PMing me the name, so I know to avoid that place?

What the fuck is wrong with you?

EDIT: You own a gym, right? Mind PMing me the name, so I know to avoid that place?

Nothing wrong with me. Ts asked for info and I just gave it.

Don't worry about it as I don't live in the us.

I monitor each roll to ensure that everything goes ok.

I did not say that such stuff happens under my supervision.

I just been training for a while and know the answer of ts question.

Back