How do you get a neon belly in BJJ?

Jon Jones's Barber

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
A local BJJ place around where I live has a deal where you can go for a free trial class, so I decided to try it out. It was pretty hard, but fun too. One thing confused me though. A couple times I heard the blue and purple belts talking about getting a neon belly, and they made it sound like some great thing...like a neon belly would make your opponent helpless or something. I didn't want to sound like a complete noob in class, so I didn't ask about it, but can anyone explain to me how I can get a neon belly? Thanks.

tenor.gif

I know Neon Genesi Evangelion
I know neon lights
I know Neon Bible

I don't know this neon belly you're talking about sorry

Btw if you've people quoting Reddit jokes in your class I'd start to worry

The responses in here were perfect.

I used to be confused by why the brazilians were calling side control "St. Kelos."

Turns out side control in portguese is cent kilos, or 100 kgs.

I'm French but I started BJJ during an internship in the US. When they talked about the "whizzer", I thought it was the "wizard" and kept calling it this way while everybody looked at me like I was retarded.

Years ago, when caio Terra came to the u.s., he would say, "put your gis on," after no gi training.
Now imagine that with a brazilian accent... It sounds like "Portuguese on." I was thinking that we had to all start talking Portuguese...

Back