How do you feel the Cejudo vs O’Malley fight would go?

LiQuiD42

Silver Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Initially, I thought O’Malley would have major problems with Cejudo’s wrestling. After seeing Sean and Sterling face off, O’Malley looks bigger than Sterling. Making me believe Cejudo would struggle with his size as well. Do you think that O’Malley’s size would give Cejudo problems or is his wrestling just not up to par and give the edge to Cejudo?

I have no reason to think Omalley can stop the takedown or wrestle back to his feet from bottom. But standing? I think Omalley is big trouble for Cejudo, Cejudo struggled more with Aljos range than I expected and Aljo isn't the striker Omalley is.
I agree with this assessment, O’Malley’s striking is better than Sterlings and all he would have to do is stuff the takedowns. I could see Henry getting pieced up at range and struggling to get there. I totally underestimated Sean’s length until I saw him next to Sterling.

I agree with this assessment, O’Malley’s striking is better than Sterlings and all he would have to do is stuff the takedowns. I could see Henry getting pieced up at range and struggling to get there. I totally underestimated Sean’s length until I saw him next to Sterling.

All he has to do is stop takedowns vs a wrestler...something he's never done before. The UFC protected him from strong grapplers his entire career and turned down the Aljo fight because he didn't feel he was ready for Aljos takedowns and ground game....YIKES.

Length is for sure the most overrated thing by MMA fans, Yan has a short reach and was able to land on O'Malley just fine but Yan struggles with moves a lot. To be honest, Omalley is incredibly unproven and shit the bed vs Munhoz and Chito. I wouldn't be surprised if Aljo smashes him and he washes out of the top 10 Ala Darren Till. Sean didn't fight good prospects coming up at 135.

All he has to do is stop takedowns vs a wrestler...something he's never done before. The UFC protected him from strong grapplers his entire career and turned down the Aljo fight because he didn't feel he was ready for Aljos takedowns and ground game....YIKES.

Length is for sure the most overrated thing by MMA fans, Yan has a short reach and was able to land on O'Malley just fine but Yan struggles with moves a lot. To be honest, Omalley is incredibly unproven and shit the bed vs Munhoz and Chito. I wouldn't be surprised if Aljo smashes him and he washes out of the top 10 Ala Darren Till. Sean didn't fight good prospects coming up at 135.
I think Sterling beats Sean as well. I just think Henry really had issues with Aljo’s size. I don’t know if Cejudo was just too tired during the grappling exchanges against the cage with Aljo. But that’s where I thought he’d shine and he didn’t. He struggled to get and maintain the takedowns he did. I think if O’Malley sprawls on Cejudo, he’ll struggle. Don’t get me wrong, Henry has a great skill set and no quit mentality but I think he even realizes he is undersized for the division.

You'd think Cejudo but he was poor tonight, not sure if that is down to Aljo and his team's gameplan or the fact he's sat out the past 3 years and a combination of age and ring rust did him in. That version of Cejudo against O'Malley is a more competitive fight than I'd expect. Prime Cejudo murders him , this version I'd back to still win given Sean's tdd or more specifically his lack there of but he could cause problems with his striking. Cejudo wins albeit I wouldn't say it with any great confidence.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derik
Back