How do you feel about fighters who openly duck other fighters?

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
It is my personal belief that it does not take more than average amount of courage to step into the octagon. It is a regulated competition, with a chance of injury, perhaps greater than the average sports, per se curling. However, with adrenaline and months of training and confidence in their abilities and mostly youth on their sides and the refs closely on hands and trained medical professionals on standby, what kind of fear do they have to deal with going into it?

Brave men is not someone who is immmune to fear, due to its ignorance or pride, but it is the how you deal with it. What does make MMA athletes such brave men just given the nature of their sports? Is there ancient secrets to training UFC that help you master your fear?

With that said, I think it's natural that we all fear. We had prominent fighters talk about the fact that they do deal with their emotional states to work up to the best of their abilities, just like many areas of course of our lives. So, I think it's entirely humane of someone to avoid opponents who they assess provides slim chance of victory, and I don't think you can fault them for that.

What I find distasteful however, is when people talk shit like Bisping, as if you want to fight them, and willing to fight them, but openly dodge, duck, dip, dive that said fighter. Even recently, when it comes to Amanda Nunez, who I believe would have a snowball's chance in hell to beat Cyborg, was talking tough then backed off soon after, which is ridiculous.

I feel like in any competition, respect is an important aspect of it. Unfortunately, due to the overnight success of Conor largely to his talks and to be fair his immense talent, and to a lesser degree that of a journeyman in Sonnen, it seems like the current climate of our sports at times feel thuggish. It seems difficult at times to not find certain behaviours abhorrent, though it's wise not to judge other individuals from outside looking in.

What do you think?

Average courage lol.....you know the VAST majority of people will go to extreme lengths to not get beat up, and especially not get beat up publicly.

Didn't read the rest sorry. Pizza to eat and too lazy

Average courage lol.....you know the VAST majority of people will go to extreme lengths to not get beat up, and especially not get beat up publicly.

Didn't read the rest sorry. Pizza to eat and too lazy

What toppings?

That doesn't happen in MMA.... Bisping would love to scrap Rockhold again...

I agree with you...this time
4X7l5gD.gif

I think they fuckin suck. It’s unacceptable when they duck somebody at their own weight class.

Back