How do you feel about fighters who are too big for their divison but won't move up?

This is what makes some greats.. Like bones, Anderson, gsp ,even McGregor from 155 less impressive to me than what Fedor done in the day. He wasn't winning due to size and reach. Anderson is skinny but fought at 205 and could have easily made 205. Gsp got beat and won ve small guys like serra and sherk. Mcreggor is way bigger fight day than Aldo..

Do an official weigh in before the fights. If you wanna be 185 don’t fight at LW.

In the long run it’ll be better for the sport. That’s just my opinion.

I totally respect that opinion... but if you look at the folks that cut an extreme, maybe an unsafe, amount of weight; I think they're still going to try and find the loopholes in day-of weigh-ins. IMO, it's just the nature of the beast.

Maybe start beating into young kids heads that cutting weight is more dangerous/detrimental than advantageous??

Unfortunately, it sort of ends up being a microcosm of PED use...

As soon as someone steps across the line and shows a glimmer of success; it'll open up the floodgates

Whatever, man... Just bleed.

Jk. I dunno, doesn't One FC have a logical weigh-in process?

if they make weight, they are not too big for their division

smart people adapt to the rules in order to win

fools complain because they don´t even undersdtand the rules of the game to begin with
Pretty sure Darren Till has missed weight before.

If they can make the Divisions weight limits then fine by me.

Edit: however, I dislike the current (and entire) weight cutting game.

If they make the weight it is what it is. They have to deal with the toll on their body that could possibly effect their performance.

I still say every fighter should be evaluated by a doctor to determine their best fighting weight. Then assign them a division. Its that simple. They cannot move down from their natural weight judged by the doctor. They can only move up.

Calling weight cutting "cheap" or "unfair", is one of the dumbest complaints on here. Weight cuts are a part of the game.

Try to come in much bigger and your cardio and endurance suffer. Come in small for the weight class and you risk getting ragdolled. There are pros and cons to both approaches, but calling something unfair, that is explicitly part of the rules, is some snowflake bullshit.

No one is too big for their division if they can make the weight.

But I would like to see new weightcutting rules change to help reduce guys cutting more than 10-15lbs

It's UFC's job to fix their broken system. Until then the fighters are technically in the right.

Back