How do you feel about fighters who are too big for their divison but won't move up?

This is complete bullshit

usa-today-8688451.0.jpg

mcgregor-corte-comparacion.jpg

145 vs 170

It never ceases to amaze me the number of fighters who rather make themselves sick and damage their health to face smaller opponents rather than competing in the weight class they belong in.

Last edited:
As long as they don’t miss weight, then there’s no problem. You’re not too big for a division if you consistently make weight.

It’s funny that you never hear actual fighters complain about how much someone cuts, but on here you have guys that have never competed and cry about jon jones, or mcgregor. It’s actual a skill in itself to cut a lot of weight and still perform at a high level.

If you make weight you’re not too big for your division and fans should stfu. Until rules change.

If you can make the weight and preform...that is your weight class...no such thing as to big for the division if you make the weight and win!

I'm kinda liking Till but I don't like that bragging about being huge. I hated Rumble because of how extreme he took it. McGregor is bad too. Bragging about fighting midgets, being so much bigger than your opponent, etc is not supposed to be something to flaunt.

Like mentioned... If they can make weight and make it to the cage. Don't see a problem. Now if they cant... should be forced to move up.

cant really get behind rumble johnson after the "fight" with yoshida

Sadly its the name of the game. Same day weigh in and both fighters will be in bad shape and we get bad fights.

My thought is this: I feel sorry for them. I come from a medical background and I can tell you, starving yourself and most importantly, dehydrating yourself to extremes is absolutely horrible for your internal organs especially kidney and liver.

Doesn’t take a genius to know that these fighters are most likely doing severe damage and possibly permanent damage to their bodies.

As long as they don’t miss weight, I couldn’t care less.

I see some fans look down on these type of fighters because they're too scared to fight someone their own size and most of their wins have been against smaller opponents.
If you consistently make weight without adverse effect, then you are not too big for your weight class. For example, Gastelum missed weight several times at 170. He needed to move up and has done well at 185. Jon Jones made 205 without fail. Those who say Jones is too big for 205 are wrong. Jones is tall and skinny, but he weighs 205 when he needs to weigh 205.

They should do weigh ins the day of the fight

It’s better for everyone and you’d see much better fights. The fighters would have better gas tanks and longevity in the game. Cutting weight is a huge strain on the body.

Stop trying to fight at 155 if you should be fighting at 185.
It's a great idea in theory, but you are just going to have fighters cut the same amount of weight with less time to rehydrate.

It'll end up being more dangerous for the support I'm

I am 50/50 with it. One side, I don't understand why guys like Khabib and Ferguson cut so much to make 155, because both of them have a pretty good frame for 155. But guys like Till (who I do enjoy) brags about being 200+ and at WW. That isn't cool, it just emphasizes how he is a big fish in a small pond (like McGregor at 145).

I see some fans look down on these type of fighters because they're too scared to fight someone their own size and most of their wins have been against smaller opponents.
Isn't most of the fighters cutting weight and at the end of the day competing against guys as big as themselves ? For example Khabib might be 200 lbs pre camp but so is Tony; Barboza, RDA are also really big for the 155 division. Everybody is on weight cutting

It's a great idea in theory, but you are just going to have fighters cut the same amount of weight with less time to rehydrate.

It'll end up being more dangerous for the support I'm

Do an official weigh in before the fights. If you wanna be 185 don’t fight at LW.

In the long run it’ll be better for the sport. That’s just my opinion.

Honestly light heavy should be up to 225

But I kind of agree if you miss weight then that should be the Division your in

Back