How do you feel about fighters who are too big for their divison but won't move up?

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
I see some fans look down on these type of fighters because they're too scared to fight someone their own size and most of their wins have been against smaller opponents.

They should do weigh ins the day of the fight

It’s better for everyone and you’d see much better fights. The fighters would have better gas tanks and longevity in the game. Cutting weight is a huge strain on the body.

Stop trying to fight at 155 if you should be fighting at 185.

If they are really too big, eventually they will have to move up.

I see some fans look down on these type of fighters because they're too scared to fight someone their own size and most of their wins have been against smaller opponents.

Chidi Njokuani is hands down the worst one ever.Guys missed weight like 10 times and Bellator just kept making them "Catchweight" fights and recently gave him a #1 contender fight for 170 at again another catchweight.

In before ignorant easy solution theories...oh nevermind.

Darren Till brags about being a LHW that cuts to welterweight and then says guys at WW are too small for him after beating a natural LW in Cerrone. Eh.

<{nope}>

If they can make the weight, then whatever. If they are fucking fights up by missing weight then they should be forced go up. UFC (and Bellator) should be more strict about this esp if there are no extenuating circumstances (ie short notice fight, injury interfering w/weight cut etc.).

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

If you can make the weight, fine by me

if they make weight, they are not too big for their division

smart people adapt to the rules in order to win

fools complain because they don´t even undersdtand the rules of the game to begin with

Darren Till brags about being a LHW that cuts to welterweight and then says guys at WW are too small for him after beating a natural LW in Cerrone. Eh.

<{nope}>

Kid's a fookin scouser, don't expect anything rational to come out of his mouth.

Just make every fighter weigh in hydrated, everyone would get bumped up a weight class but at least weight cutting would no longer be a factor in the outcome.

I look down on it, weight cut anorexia to gain an advantage is bad for the health of the bigger fighter, in addition to throwing off balance in lower divisions. I bet this would stop if they made you weigh at the scale while they were rubbing Vaseline on your face! No more rehydrating back to 200 lbs, welterweights!

If you can make the weight you can stay in the division.

I don't care about that kind of bullshit.

Seems like you guys just look around for shit to hate on.

Don't have a problem with Ortega, Rockhold, RDA or Jones.

I despise that.

Any fighter who struggles to make weight should move up a weight class.

Seeing the smaller guy outfight the bigger guy is an exciting part of the sport.

The day where everyone is the same size in every weight class is a sad day and the sport will be missing something.

That's a world where you don't get a Frankie Edgar championship reign at 155 beating up bigger men, a world where you don't get to see BJ Penn taking out Hughes at 170... the sport's most iconic moments and future generations won't get to experience them.

Everyone's too big for their division considering that they're all cutting 15+ pounds. Thats the game cut as much weight as yoh possibly can, don't blame guys like till for cutting from 200 to fight at WW he doesn't wamt to fight guys like rockhold and weidman who cut from 220.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back