How do you feel about Brock coming back?

If USADA does their job. They're gonna test the crap out of Brock. For 6 months he has to test clean. I know he likes to hide on his ranch in Saskatoon. But USADA knows of his previous failed test. A test he got to largely bypass and only needed to test clean for 1 month. Which he failed. Do you think Brock can be clean for 6 months? Unless USADA has been compromised by UFC, I find it hard that Brock tests clean for 6 months or doesn't pull out for feeling and performing terribly in training.

This, right here, is the Key.

How the fuck is Brock going to be able to remain clean for the next 6 months unless he completely stops Cold-Turkey and who knows how that fucks up his body.

Reminds me a bit of Cyborg's situation.

The UFC is a business and from a business point of view, it makes sense. They banked on Ngannou being the next big thing, but we all know how that worked out. They need a HW attraction that draws in fans and get people to watch the PPV.

Sure it's a farce but bring on the popcorn. I'm ready.

serveimage

The Hunt fight sucked.

It sucked because Hunt did JACK-SHIT in the 2nd round when Brock was obviously gassed.

It's his Fault.

It's like Ngannou watched just the 2nd round of that fight and went : "Hmm...that looks like a good fight plan"

That it won’t actually happen.. And the previous heavyweight champion needs to stay ready..

his fights are entertaining but he shouldnt be main event and definitely shouldnt get a title shot

He's a name.

If he wins his fans go cuckoo. If he loses the other half laughs and laughs, shitting on him every which way.

The biggest thing is he gets a reaction, people tune in. A lot of these other fighters, fans simply don't care to watch and they certainly don't move the PPV needle.

You forgot to add :

"....and the MMA Purists' heads explode with RAGE and SALT!"

You forgot to add :

"....and the MMA Purists' heads explode with RAGE and SALT!"

Well I wouldn't call UFC fans "MMA purists." But there is a segment that actually believes that rankings matter more than anything. A lot of these fans are naive and are forgetful. Randy Couture was gifted a title shot out of self-imposed retirement against Tim Slyvia at HW as a lame duck champ (he needed back surgery badly), coming off a loss at a lower weight class. This isn't the first time that a fighter has been given preferential treatment.

If anything it is more about giving fans what they want. If fans don't want this fight, the PPV buys will reflect that. Bottom line, fighting is business first and foremost.

Retarded people gravitate to them?

Then Retarded people must be rich as fuck because they seem to be the driving force for the BUSINESS's Overall Profit margin.

Without those "retarded people", the UFC would still be on VHS(now DVD) instead of on regular TV/PPV.

I know the current HW division sucks, but giving Brock a title shot is absolutely nuts.

His last win was 8 years ago and he will be on PEDs for sure

It honestly feels like a bad dream. I know it's all about the money, but this can't be for real, right?

How are you guys feeling about this?

Agreed, he was a juiced up college wrestler and was a juiced up MMA fighter. Pro wrestling I don't think counts since it is fake anyway.

I'm excited. It's not often we get a legitimate name fighting in the UFC anymore. A vast majority of their roster is just a bunch of faceless nobodies. Great skills but their name recognition is shit. Brock is a bonafide star. He may not have much chance of beating DC, but I'm still happy to see him fight again.

While I think it's BS it's not some huge new low people are raging over. He's returning after a suspension just like many other fighters have done. It's the matchmakers putting him straight into a title fight that's the ridiculous part. That's not unprecedented though. Only last year Jones returned from a USADA suspension and was immediately booked into a title fight.

I'm ok with it, one thing is for sure his fights were always entertaining, perhaps his most boring one was the Hunt one. Anyway it's just a bit of fun really, would be funny if he beat Cormier though haha

Excited. It's nice to see the real draw and biggest superstar in UFC come back. You can say whatever about his issues being a part timer or a PED user, but that dude always comest to fight, has been at the top and actually has a title defense in his short career.

Back