How do you feel about Brock coming back?

Undecided, therefore here's a spiffy Godzilla gif:
giphy-downsized-large.gif

A lot of people seem to get easily impressed by looks. I guess it is all the superhero movies but people expect someone that looks like a cartoon, roided beast will be the best fighter. He does have a look of being a solid block of muscle and so people seem to be interested thinking that a guy that looks like that will be super powerful KO master or something. I know it is all pretty gay, and many of the best fighters especially at HW aren't especially ripped, but it is the only thing I can attribute the draw to.

Look at all the threads here started daily talking about how fighter's body's look. I honestly never really think of fighters based on their looks, in fact I like the idea of some fat f*ck being able to hang in the cage, but it seems super common to do so.

It's terrible and even if I understand the money point of view, DC lost a lot of points in my books by calling out an ex PED cheater who don't care about fighting at all.

If he wants to come back, fine. Him coming back to an immediate title shot? That's some bullshit. The UFC is really cheapening and undercutting the sport with their constant desperate cash grabs with "money fights".

Meh, don't care because he is there just to cash a paycheck.

The HW division sucks, Brock should really have to fight Lewis or Volkov but it's not like I'm dying to see either of them against DC either.

Brock did look great against Hunt and I'll tune in whoever he fights for the spectacle.

Despite what people say on here Brock does have legit skills and exceptional agility for someone so big.

I know the current HW division sucks, but giving Brock a title shot is absolutely nuts.

His last win was 8 years ago and he will be on PEDs for sure

It honestly feels like a bad dream. I know it's all about the money, but this can't be for real, right?

How are you guys feeling about this?

he absolutely doesn't deserve any title shot...the mere thought of it is insulting to any fighter...the guy hasn't fought in 2 years...and his last fight he tested positive. Not to mention, he hasn't won a fight in almost a decade...but the heavyweight division is pathetic..and the worst it's ever been...probably the worst division in all of the ufc. but even still, he shouldn't be getting a title shot. Doesn't matter though...cause he's going to get destroyed...his main weapon won't work against DC.

It's a fucking farce. DC has earned an easy payday though after all the shit he has been through.

giphy.gif

This once

him coming back is fine. him coming back for a title shot is ludicrous and a mockery of the sport, and a huge payday. so i both get why it's happening, and still reserve the right to detest that it's happening. or, to put it even more bluntly, i would have detested it when i was younger and bothered to care about things out of my control.

in a proper world he would be fighting like Oleinik. but we all know this is the real world.

but as a pure matchup, it's a little bit fascinating. it's hard to get close to a guy that big. and he fights longer than Stipe, ironically (cuz he's afraid to get hit). but he will eventually get hit and dropped by DC, who will bully him with standing grappling even more than Couture did. of that i have no doubt. likely before the 3rd. i would definitely bet under on a round 2 over/under.

Its ridiculous. Let's potentially put another belt on the shelf, shall we?

I don't even bother watching events any more. I'll check the PBP or the results the next day, but I don't even bother hunting for streams anymore, let alone watching free cards or buying PPV.

He beat three heavyweght champions and was heavyweight champion:
Couture
Mir
Carwin
If he wants to come back for a one-off title fight he deserves it.
Now that the 12 year olds when Lesner was Champion are members here, we get these idiotic posts.
Deal with it, he makes $$$
Top draw, him or Conor

If USADA does their job. They're gonna test the crap out of Brock. For 6 months he has to test clean. I know he likes to hide on his ranch in Saskatoon. But USADA knows of his previous failed test. A test he got to largely bypass and only needed to test clean for 1 month. Which he failed. Do you think Brock can be clean for 6 months? Unless USADA has been compromised by UFC, I find it hard that Brock tests clean for 6 months or doesn't pull out for feeling and performing terribly in training.

I know the current HW division sucks, but giving Brock a title shot is absolutely nuts.

His last win was 8 years ago and he will be on PEDs for sure

It honestly feels like a bad dream. I know it's all about the money, but this can't be for real, right?

How are you guys feeling about this?
Most of Sherdog:
c90f246b7a58e720d9bfdb6ef915c6c2.jpg

Me on the Brocktober Warwagon:
giphy.gif

I’m neutral about him coming back, hate the WWE-drama type fans he might bring in though.

Him getting a title shot is an absolute crock of shit however.

The UFC seems to be setting itself up for a world of hurt going forward. When your biggest draws fight less than everyone else, that can't be a good thing. It would be like the Patriots deciding to only play every other year.

I feel like I might purchase my first UFC PPV ever.

I mean, I ~won't~, but I'll consider it for a few minutes.

Back