How do you feel about 2017 so far?

Was soooooo looking forward to Horizon Zero Dawn
Bought a PS4 just for that game and Ratchet And Clank
R&C was fucking awesome but Zero Dawn just wasnt for me, quit after a few hours,
which was a major disappointment
Also pretty disappointed with Yooka Laylee and Shadow Warrior 2
Only a couple hours into Destiny 2 but it seems alright so far
Overall the year aint been great but Cuphead, Wolfenstein and Far Cry give me hope for the future

Will probably end up getting a Switch later this year or early next year

Bloodborne and Nioh being exclusive to Sony really pissed me off. I might get the PS4 just for that.

Nioh was so great to me because I love ninja\samurai settings and then it was easier than the other Soul like games. Which is good cause the other ones are to hard for me.

Pretty much just played the same games as 2016 so far.

Overwatch
NBA 2K
XCOM 2
City Skylines

Is it crazy to say that PC and Nintendo have had the best year so far?

I've been really busy with work and haven't had time to game. There are plenty of games from 2017 I need to play, or give more time to. I'll maybe have time next year.

Persona 5
Zelda dlc
Disgaia (sp?)
Mario
Ni no kuni II
Total Warhammer
Final Fantasy (Maybe)

That's like 3 months of full time high quality gaming I have on the backlog.

for the first time in a long while it feels like i have too many games im looking forward to play and i cant play them all because they will be released around the same time this month

gw2 expansion in two weeks will take the front seat followed by
divinity original sin 2 and then total war warhammer 2

Only 2017 release I've played has been Mass Effect Andromeda. Only played about 90 minutes or so. Haven't touched it since may or April.

I find myself playing a lot less games as the Open World things has become the norm for my type of games. I do not do well when there are too many options, as I need to do everything, and inevitably get burned out. I also find the stories or game play tend to suffer. At least to me. So from the games you listed:

Mass Effect Andromeda: I avoided most the news about this game before it came out, so I was pretty disappointed by it. Just did not connect with me like the other 3 did. Never beat it.

Nier Automata: Great game. Beautiful, tight gameplay, had tons of fun. Beat it.

FF14 Stormblood: Had lots of fun. New content was well done, story was good. Same issue they always have though where there is little endgame. Waiting for the first content patch.

Persona 5: Just picked this up the other day, have not really started it yet, hear nothing but great things. Apprehensive about the super anime style.

Zelda BoTW: really fun and beautiful game. I suffer from open world fatigue pretty quickly with it though.

Only other "new" release I have played is FF12: Zodiac age which was a lot of fun. Haven't played the original since it came out like 10 years ago, so it was like a new game. Class combos were neat, and made the game harder than the original. Optional bosses are still a PITA.

Been pretty happy this year over all. Played more this year than last. Have a few later this year as well, so for me personally, this year is better than last. But for me at least, a lot of that could be to changes in my life letting me enjoy stuff more.

Honestly from my perspective playing exclusively PC it's not been great. I was really looking forward to Fortnite but it was basically a complete wash out. I'm hoping the Destiny 2 port to PC is good next month.

PUBG is ok but it feels like a Diamond covered in mountains of shit atm.

Honestly the highlight for me has probably been Tekken 7, it's the first fighting game I've played online where the netcode isn't complete shit.

I was hoping for some more Borderlands 3 news by this late in the year as well but it doesn't look like that's happening any time soon.

Last edited:
Honestly from my perspective playing exclusively PC it's not been great. I was really looking forward to Fortnite but it was basically a complete wash out. I'm hoping the Destiny 2 port to PC is good next month.

PUBG is ok but it feels like a Diamond covered in mountains of shit atm.

Honestly the highlight for me has probably been Tekken 7, it's the first fighting game I've played online where the netcode isn't complete shit.

I was hoping for some more Borderlands 3 news by this late in the year as well but it doesn't look like that's happening any time soon.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.gam...teases-new-project-and-its-prob/1100-6453103/

Destiny 2 is exceeding my expectations, and I expected to love it.

CoD WW2 beta made me cancel my preorder. It's the first CoD preorder I have cancelled ever since MW2.

I was still grinding and enjoying Fallout 4, Titanfall 2 and CoD Infinite Warfare right up until the release of Destiny 2 though.

Fuck me, @RoryFan, I thought that Tekken 7 was a PS4 exclusive. I had it wrongly listed. Good looking out. Fixed.

I'm not the gamer I used to be. I've only played Doom this year.

Fucking loved it.

As far as upcoming releases, as much shit I talked about Shadow of War's microtransactions, I am eagerly awaiting reliable reviews in hopes my fears have been overblown.

I've been checking out a few hour-long playthroughs, and have been impressed... very impressed... with everything.

The combat... the diverse environments (as opposed to the original)... the skill tree... the boss fights... the expansion of the nemesis system...

That said, it's all hype by Monolith, but its damn convincing hype.

My purchase of the game is all dependent on the one thing they're not talking about in the playthroughs... that they dare not mention... the microtransactions.

I'll be watching about a dozen reviews on this, with special attention to Angry Joe's.

really enjoyed horizon zero dawn,dropped the new CoD for titanfall 2 which I've been loving therapist few weeks. other than that nothing has made me think,gotta have it.

Every year is a pretty good year if you're a pc gamer.

PUBG really stole the show this summer though. 10 million in sales and 1 million peak concurrent players, like it or not, it is the killer app of 2017.

Eh for me this year has been slumping

For me my gaming includes rocket league, BF1, GTA online, rainbow 6 siege,

I'm on the fence about the switch I jumped on the Wii U hype train and that wrecked harder than a Amtrak train

Been an awesome year for gaming in my opinion. Very pleased with the Switch's success. A LOT of people were calling it a gimmick or garbage console right away but it's blown almost everyone away. When Nintendo does good everyone wins. Lots of great games across all platforms though. So far this year I've dived into:

-Breath of the Wild
-Persona 5
-Splatoon 2

I have tons more to play, but these three have taken up all of my gaming time so far. Which isn't a bad thing since I see all three as masterpieces. Going to have to dive into my backlog soon. Still to play from this year:

Yakuza 0
Yakuza Kiwami
Akiba's Beat
NHL 18
South Park Fractured but Whole
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Golf Story
Hollow Knight
Super Mario Odyssey
Assassin's Creed Origins

and that's not even counting games I've had on my backlog longer than that. Really wish I had more time for gaming.

It's been a pretty weak year. Total Warhammer 2 is coming out in a couple of weeks though and that game is going to devour my free time. Can't wait to get my hands on the Lizardmen!

I spent most this year playing Destiny and Fallout 4 I've tried newer games but after a week or two I'm back to Destiny or FO4 so pretty shitty year. Hopefully the weekly reset does good stuff for Destiny 2 because it's is starting to drag a bit.

Back