How do you defend against flurry of punches?

It really depends on what type of flurry? Hooks and uppercuts? Throw a straight and pivot... Straights? Dodge and Weave/Endure until I clinch/close the distance.. but I usually just pivot out in most situations.

1. I threw up a thoughT question.... "slows" the word... Checked out your MT kick T, interesting.... those MT experts through mean round kicks... they even had the diminutive girl in the one vid doing mean kicks.... YOU'RE BEHIND!

2. I though it was kinda, "fight fire with fire," myself.... R Rear Overhand / Looping Hook {boxing form} trumps reverse left "karate" punch. Could add more descriptive, but that only seems to happen @ your T's.

KarateStylist

1 - I know I'm behind. I'm still trying to get good at kicking. Look at these kids:

I'll never catch up!

2 - well, there is a different kind of motivation in posting when someone is using the thread + critical thinking to improve their understanding of a move so that they can train better. NLM has good threads for exact description to. If the thread is just a test to see who is smarter, most people don't feel that they have to say very much to prove who that is.

Learn how to clinch and tie up.
Hit him coming in, tie up , hit him in the clinch and pop him again when you break loose.

Most importantly , remember one thing. No storm rages on forever.
Catch / slip / block his attacks with the occasional sharp counter and just wait for him to pause .......either cuz he blew his load or he's recharging . That's when u go on the offensive.

Hehe as a counter puncher I pray for this style match up. Bait then parry with the lead shoulder off a jab use the movement to return fire with a rear uppercut.

For any other punch lean and return fire with the movement evade/block and pick your shots good enough to make them nervous to go in, once the aggression is gone the tko soon follows. It's hard for me to explain my style of countering just watch some Roy jones/may weather/ James tony etc.. Any fighter who utilizes Philly shell style countering/ arm position when blocking/ evading.

1 - I know I'm behind. I'm still trying to get good at kicking. Look at these kids:

[*]vid-chop[*]

I'll never catch up!

2 - well, there is a different kind of motivation in posting when someone is using the thread + critical thinking to improve their understanding of a move so that they can train better. NLM has good threads for exact description to. If the thread is just a test to see who is smarter, most people don't feel that they have to say very much to prove who that is.

1. I'm behind {permanently} these korean kids too. The girl in the dark shorts... my wife to be in my next life {hope-sigh:icon_neut}....

2. Test to see who's smarter.... that's a ritual here, though the kind word I would substitute is 'clever,' sports bro.' The format you speak of is fine.... 'cept it's cornered.... you left that out....

KarateStylist

In muay thai, the clinch is a very effective manuever to stop very aggressive opponents, they won't throw much since they are too close to overwhelm you with punches.

Thats from my experience, but im am no master and i am sure there are many more people that posted the same thing!

Back