How do you deal with serious depression?

Occasional violent outbursts

verbally abuse @Kardashians on kik

Get drunk and recall my failed romances in annoying repetitive detail to @Kardashians

Nap

Consider running off to an Ashram or small Greek Village.

Look in the mirror and remind myself that I'm a tall buff Hispanic god that has at least won the genetic lottery if all else fails in life.

Also consider there are worse fates that being depressed. Like being Goonerview for example.
You forgot having dierrhea after pigging out on nachos and messaging me from the toilet
<{1-17}>

Funny seeing this post. That would actually be one of my answers as well. If you are so depressed that you dont even want to wake up in the morning, buy a bike. They are dangerous because some idiot in a cage will likely hit you, but if you dont want to live why not? And I dont care what has you down, even if you havent smiled in years, when you roll your wrist back and let a 1000cc superbike roar, you will fucking feel alive. Its better than sex, not even a fair contest.

4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul - some guy somewhere

it might sound silly but my most successful technique dealing with depression is not giving a fuck and embracing a roll the dice attitude. Ill go out just hoping someone looks at me the wrong way. Give me a reason to unleash fury on you. Get into a streetfight like a juvenile. DO something reckless. Gamble the months rent. Do ANYTHING! ROLL THE DICE! This is just one big game anyways.

Is riding a motorcycle really better than being deepthroated by a hooker ? Or high? Or jumping out of an air plane? The latter being something that can be done via lame duck simulation insides to get a glimmer of the real rush. Not saying I've done any of those. Just saying if you're going to go the route of pursuing adrenaline, I do wonder what the peak of the mountain is.

I just toughen the fuck up, put my shoes on, and get to work.

I got shit to do, and if I'm unhappy that just means I have even more shit to do.

Get after it.

I wonder what the evolutionary biological basis of depression is?

I guess I should just google it.

taking care of yourself
taking care of others

eat right
get enough sleep
exercise

look for ways to help people
be kind, positive and encouraging to everyone you meet

I can almost guarantee that anyone who commits to these things and makes a routine out of it won't be depressed anymore if they stick with it.

Been dealing with depression for as long as I can remember. The last months I've felt better than ever before and what I think has been the biggest impact is: eating somewhat healthy, regular exercise (I lift weights 3 times a week), having things/errands to do (this one has been big for me, it gives me more a feeling of meaning instead of every day just doing nothing and basically being the same) and meditation.

I also found quite a bit of help on this website: http://www.clinical-depression.co.uk/depression-learning-path/ . They have a program you can do where part 1 is free and the rest cost 99$. I have only tried the free part so far but found it helpful.

Oh, another thing that helps:

Let people know how you're feeling. Tell everyone you trust. It's not good to try to hide it, and the more the people you interact with know how you're feeling, the more supported and understood you'll feel.

For me the worst part of depression is having to go about my daily routine, interacting with people at work, etc. and trying to put on a smile and pretending like I'm not in pain. Doing this can make you feel very very alone and actually worsen your depression.

Also, the more people you talk to, the more people you'll find who suffer as well. Knowing that other people can relate to and understand what you're going through helps a great deal.

I usually make threads about black people being criminals in order to make myself feel better about not being black.

That or repetitive videogames that force me not to think about stuff.
lol c'mon man, keep it in the war room.

I try to make other people jealous of me.

It makes me feel excellent.

18 hours of sleep a day and avoiding everything.

Wait...

Is riding a motorcycle really better than being deepthroated by a hooker ? Or high? Or jumping out of an air plane? The latter being something that can be done via lame duck simulation insides to get a glimmer of the real rush. Not saying I've done any of those. Just saying if you're going to go the route of pursuing adrenaline, I do wonder what the peak of the mountain is.

better than sex with a 10/10, absolutely.

as for skydiving, I've never done that so cant say for sure. I would venture yes though. The thing with a bike is you are becoming one with the machine. It opens up your senses, you "feel" every bit of the road under your tires. Skydiving is kind of just falling.

I'm about to lose my job... Hopefully I dont fall down a dark path again. I also just survived an insane car wreck. Life is throwing me punches and i need to be able to handle it. ( I Hope)..

Back