How do you deal with serious depression?

Mhmm I just had a fun time going off my meds and had a psychotic depression episode.

Meds help. Get meds lol.

I did the SSRI/SNRI's for a while, but eventually gave up on them. Now days it's a system. I generally try to be more aware of how I'm feeling to not let it go too far first and foremost.

Simplify my life because if I can't maintain, I'm no good to anyone including myself
Get real sunshine
Work out more
Make sure I'm eating a decently balanced diet
Make sure I'm focusing on getting at least some sleep
Finally, force myself to do all these things and not hole myself up in my house because it's not an immediate fix. You have to get the routine of a healthier life over time and the depression usually lifts to a manageable level.

I have 2 serious medical problems that affect both my physically and mentally. My best advice it to listen to medical professionals, if you are seeing them.

But more importantly, take at least once a day to mediate for 10-20 minutes about how much worse life could be. Once you find relaxation in this practice, you can then move on, and mediate on how to imrpove your life.

Get at least an hour of sunlight everyday, try using some magnesium oil or zma, start taking daily ice cold showers or baths, and practice no fap. I promise you will feel better.

Make tacos

Seeing a therapist doesn't hurt - it helped me

But tacos are crazy therapeutic

exercise is critical.
also tons of L-Arginine.
it's a vasodilator, increases blood flow to the brain.
some zoloft doesn't hurt either.

For me, medication and a good psych when just medication does not work.

Giving up booze through the week has also helped alot.

By focusing on the negatives and the things I don't like in the world.

Just kidding do the opposite of that.

Do you know root? I know you were really down after your mom passed away. Maybe find someone to talk to. Close friend or family, a sherbro, or a professional.

And exercise really does help. And sunlight.

try to be thankful for what I have and realize that there are still good people in the world.

How do you deal with debilitating depression? The usual just don't cut it.

I let it be there with no expectation that it should leave...
If I find myself convinced on the absurdity and pointless of life and anything I do with my life I simply allow that to be (no longer mentally struggling with it) and move about my day fulfilling the obligations I have toward others in my life.
This slowly takes away the desperation and helplessness I would tend to feel. This isn't a stoical resignation... but an acceptance that sometimes I'm going to feel this way... and the storm will pass when it passes.

I also pray to God for a better ability to endure my suffering; not to obviate it... but to allow it to be there for as long as need be.

Best of luck

Have some nasty sex with my wife. It only helps a little, though.

A change of settings, positive helps to move on
Excessive drinking, crutch dose t help really...
living life, if you wallow in the past you are not going to move on. For me it wears hard to do because I had lost one of my parents and I didn't want to move on, or let go. The truth i found out is I had to let go because there was nothing I could do by being a unproductive drunken wreck.
Now when I have dreams of my parent they are wonderful and I have son that I know my parent would have adored. It still hurts from time but it is much better.

Back