How do you cope with being injured when you're a super active person?

SugarKrok

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Fucked up my clavicle for the second time. First time was maybe 4'ish years ago. Took months the to right it. Took off this week and will do so next we as well. That's as far as I can push it. Sucks ass not being rich in these cases, since I'm sure if I had money I could get private steroid or HGH injections to flex my way to health.

Feel like total dogshit. Help me, sherdog.

Welcome to the world of bones fractures , inflammation for life .

We’re screwed .

Welcome to the world of bones fractures , inflammation for life .

We’re screwed .

You know, I think it really does suck ass. It makes me angry twice over at myself. I'm pissed my body gave way like a fuck, and even more pissed I didn't make myself rich so I could get an injection of some 10k serum to fix everything. Hell, I'm even pissed I don't know anyone in the back channels so I could get some PED to feel like a race horse while I wait.

You can still go on walks or mess around in the pool.

I guess but once you’re done injecting steroids the pains will come back maybe even worse..

HGH can help heal but it’s not a miracle for your joints and tendons.

Drink heavily.(jk)

But I just learn to accept it and move on. Rehab and not stress about it.

I have terrible shoulders and everytime I injure myself, it gets me a little down. But feeling sorry for myself does no good.

Hope you get better brother.

Work on your shitty personality

Lol j/k

But tbh maybe this will help you learn to meditate or appreciate a slower pace? I dunno

Welcome to the wonderful world of opiate addiction.

Man, this made me feel bad for grumbling and whining all day that social engagements are making me miss the next two days of karate training. I had a cracked rib last spring which put me out for six weeks and it was terrible. I felt like a useless piece of limp dough and I also had to sort of slide out of bed in the morning, because it was too painful sitting up straight. Then I finally got into watching Game of Thrones and things picked up from there. Now I weigh 500 lbs.

(Just joking, ts - once the injury passed it was straight back to training and I didn't feel too out of shape - hope you recover quickly).

By getting fat of course.

Just do what exercise you can. Bike walk swim etc.

Most important is don't set yourself back by coming back to early.

I've done lots of damage to my body over the years (9 concussions,PCS, multiple separated shoulders, torn rotator cuff, torn calf muscle, back injuries, surgeries, etc.) and what I would recommend is this is temporary. Learn from your experience.

Your body will bounce back. Do NOT rush back before you are ready. This is a time for healing. You have muscle memory so you will be able to get back to where you were.

You're more than your body. Take this as a time to reflect and learn about anything and everything.

If you switch to a low carb diet for say five days a week, you can manage your weight until you are well. You'll have to adjust your eating regardless if you are very active person.

Do not take pain pills any longer than necessary. I had two months of percs prescribed for a back injury and I used them for five days. Flushed the rest in the toilet. I should have been discharged in a wheelchair it was that bad.

Heal up!

Last edited:
377b071.gif

Rotator cuff surgery was a brutal recovery . I still have to stretch like crazy .

Humerus bone is no laughing matter

Go to the club in a sling.

I'd find a new modest hiking trail and look around. Explore your area!

I did a shit load of reading when I was laid up with a shattered ankle. Binge watched shows too. It sucks, read and learn something new, focus on your diet since you can't be active.

Fucked up my clavicle for the second time. First time was maybe 4'ish years ago. Took months the to right it. Took off this week and will do so next we as well. That's as far as I can push it. Sucks ass not being rich in these cases, since I'm sure if I had money I could get private steroid or HGH injections to flex my way to health.

Feel like total dogshit. Help me, sherdog.

Ok I ll help you : stop being a whining little cunt.

Collar bone is benign stuff. It will heal, likely 100%, unless you are some shithead who will rush back. You sound like such a young pussy. In 15 years you will think back how you should have just laid back for 3 months and how rushing back messed you up, but it will be too late.

Also, have a look at threads here by dudes with real chronical conditions with messed up spines. The kind that are hoping to be able to just sit down painlessly one day, and who haven't exercised in 18 months.

So that is my help to you, ass face. If you can't be man enough to have the patience to sit out 3 months, then contact sports are not for you, you pussy.

Now go fuck yourself.

Hope that helps.

Back