How do thai's get away training 6x week 2x day

And there were 21 year old thais with a 400 fight record who were retired. At age 21. That speaks volumes for the impact on their bodies of fortnightly fights and long training.

Its a daily routine for years. They're also not doing anything else, fighting is the career. No job, depending on age, no family responsibility either.

Also, plenty of pro fighters train 2, sometimes 4 times daily. Its not restricted to just Thais.

I think over here, alot of folks overestimate over training.

First time camp I did, I trained like a retard. Twice a day 6-7 days a week, 5x5, and of course doing the ridiculous starvation diet. I was eating around 800 calories a day (low carb as well). I didn't start to feel burned out, until near 4 months in. Mostly mental, due to the low caloric intake.

As I said, it was a retarded regimen, I've learned alot and would never do it again, and would steer anyone doing so away from it; Despite that, I was still able to push on under those circumstances. I had to reverse diet back, post-camp since my metab got shot to shit during that time.

I honestly don't know why some people get so obsessed with the Muay Thai fighters training. Just look at any serious mma fighter in any country and you will probably see them doing roadwork, and training 2x a day in multiple disciplines (wrestling, boxing, bjj, Muay Thai) and nobody bats an eye.....but then the Thais train 2x a day and do a morning run and people think it's insane.

Really from my experience, other than pad work and sparring, the training in Thailand isn't super brutal, it's haut easy runs, skipping, shadow boxing and heavy bag work none of which seem to take much out of me, pads and sparring though can be really tough.

I spent a month in Thailand and trained the full schedule and it was doable. First days were tough of course but after eating and a nap the afternoon session was good work.

Back