How do people legitimately believe Conor is going to win?

I have been watching MMA hardcore for like 12 years now. I have also watched a bit of boxing but not as much. There is a vast difference between Conor's boxing abilities and Floyd's. For Christ's sake, he made Canelo look like an idiot in there.

>made canelo look like an idiot
lol it was a pretty even, largely uneventful fight ending in a majority decision with one judge scoring it a draw. good job picking the single round in which anything significant happend, talk about highlight reel fan LMAO. lets not even touch on the fact that canelo at the time was like 21 LOL.

conor is much more dangerous for floyd than canelo. the height, reach, weight and confidence that conor brings to the table is something floyd has never seen before and trust me when i say he CAN NOT take conors power. it will be a KO victory for the notorious one

Conor has to get lucky...

Floyd has to be significantly diminished due to age since his last fight (not crazy either, he is 40).

Because they want to. People can believe almost anything if they want to

As the best Conor hater on this forum, I can tell ya he could win it.
He could finish it.

I doubt he will and it's number one mcbullshit

I went to a party last night and got into a bunch of arguments over this. Wtf are people thinking? 2 of my friends have said Conor will win because he KOs people. Makes me want to shoot my balls with a potato gun.

Because the "experts" isnt factoring in the obviouse X factors thats in play when making their predictions. Age can catch up to you over night when ur in youre 40s, why are we assuming age hasnt caught up with Floyd since hes last fight? Floyds style is 100% dependent on having the reaction time of a teenager, cudos to him for keeping it for so long, but father time will catch up, is now the time? Why are we assumimg Conor will look like he did in the "leaked" sparring footage? Why is there no other leaked footage out there? Was it a ploy to get the fight done? Why couldnt McGregor improve enough to catch an aging Floyd? Why arnt we talking about the fact that conor has no wind up to hes punches and is able to punch in a straight line witch makes it hard for hes opponents to realize that the punch is being thrown? Why arent we talking about that McGregor is the best at affecting hes opponents with trash talk? Why arnt we talking about Floyds history of being affected by trash talk in the ring?

Experts that dont factor in these kind of x factors when making a predictions to this fight are ignorant. If Conor wins im sure they will start to talk about these kind of things in their post fight analysis.

I have been watching MMA hardcore for like 12 years now. I have also watched a bit of boxing but not as much. There is a vast difference between Conor's boxing abilities and Floyd's. For Christ's sake, he made Canelo look like an idiot in there.

Agreed with this dude. Why are the odds 7-1

lol it was a pretty even, largely uneventful fight ending in a majority decision with one judge scoring it a draw. good job picking the single round in which anything significant happend, talk about highlight reel fan LMAO. lets not even touch on the fact that canelo at the time was like 21 LOL.

conor is much more dangerous for floyd than canelo. the height, reach, weight and confidence that conor brings to the table is something floyd has never seen before and trust me when i say he CAN NOT take conors power. it will be a KO victory for the notorious one
You're an idiot. Everyone that watched the fight knows it was anything but even and the only reason it was scored a majority decision was because boxing is corrupt. You're delusional. Get a grip.

Because the "experts" isnt factoring in the obviouse X factors thats in play when making their predictions. Age can catch up to you over night when ur in youre 40s, why are we assuming age hasnt caught up with Floyd since hes last fight? Floyds style is 100% dependent on having the reaction time of a teenager, cudos to him for keeping it for so long, but father time will catch up, is now the time? Why are we assumimg Conor will look like he did in the "leaked" sparring footage? Why is there no other leaked footage out there? Was it a ploy to get the fight done? Why couldnt McGregor improve enough to catch an aging Floyd? Why arnt we talking about the fact that conor has no wind up to hes punches and is able to punch in a straight line witch makes it hard for hes opponents to realize that the punch is being thrown? Why arent we talking about that McGregor is the best at affecting hes opponents with trash talk? Why arnt we talking about Floyds history of being affected by trash talk in the ring?

Experts that dont factor in these kind of x factors when making a predictions to this fight are ignorant. If Conor wins im sure they will start to talk about these kind of things in their post fight analysis.
Even if Floyd got old over night, he would still be leap years better than Conor. Jesus Christ, its someone with damn near no boxing experience vs one of the GOATs.

Even if Floyd got old over night, he would still be leap years better than Conor. Jesus Christ, its someone with damn near no boxing experience vs one of the GOATs.

Sure, but 0%? Is that really how we are going to breake down this fight? Ill give Conor a 3% chance given the x factors.

You're an idiot. Everyone that watched the fight knows it was anything but even and the only reason it was scored a majority decision was because boxing is corrupt. You're delusional. Get a grip.
way to completely miss the point, latch onto 2 words taken out of an entire post and spam multiple insults based off of those 2 words

post/like ratio checks out LMAO

Boxing fans are close to drawing their last breath and they know it. They run around here with fallacies like Conor has no boxing experience, and he won't even land a punch on Floyd because they've convinced themselves that is the only possible reality for if it is not, their whole world as they know it will no longer exist.

If and when Conor destroys Floyd, he is not just beating the best boxer ever, he is beating boxing and selling it off as the poor third-rate sport as it is to some desperate new sports network looking to make it. Nobody will care about it anymore, and rightfully so.

As great as he is at making money, Floyd has never been great at spending it. He has gone near broke several times, so it's no surprise it's happened again. It's going to be a problem like it is for everyone else though when those revenue sources inevitable stop coming in, and make no mistake about it, no new checks are coming after the 26th of August.

I went to a party last night and got into a bunch of arguments over this. Wtf are people thinking? 2 of my friends have said Conor will win because he KOs people. Makes me want to shoot my balls with a potato gun.
He aint winning by decision so point deductions dont matter (unless he gets so many he's disqualified). He is the much bigger man and his head is no joke like 2x the size of Mayweathers. Floyd is not knocking him out. If Conor holds him, shoves him, mocks him and makes it chaotic enough...hes got a chance to clip him. He's got a punchers chance.

That's right. Everyone forgets how young Canelo was when he fought Floyd and how much better Canelo got after that. Conor will likely dominate. He's just too big and Floyd is too old.

Instead of making threads go take out a loan, add in your entire life savings and place it all on Floyd. Come back to Sherdog and post your slip and then we will know you are fully confident in Floyd and not just a hater. According to you it's easy money so back your words up.....

You guys are insane. Just because someone thinks MW will win does not make them a hater. This is not an MMA fight and Conor is not a professional boxer.

This same old narrative of Conor's opponent being far superior gets trotted out before literally every single fight. When will you guys learn? How many champions does he need to make look like amateurs before you guys realize he's not just great, he's an all time great.

myweather-alvarez.jpg

Sure, but 0%? Is that really how we are going to breake down this fight? Ill give Conor a 3% chance given the x factors.
Of course I am exaggerating when I say he has no chance. He has a puncher's chance. Maybe 2%.

way to completely miss the point, latch onto 2 words taken out of an entire post and spam multiple insults based off of those 2 words

post/like ratio checks out LMAO
Didn't go back to read your original post.

Post/like ratio? What are you like, 16? Teenagers these days...

Aside from the fact that Conor is bigger, stronger, tougher, smarter, and a better fighter, people are underestimating the impact that USADA will have on Floyd.
Interesting Point reg. USADA not sure how stringent the testing in boxing is, its as corrupt as it comes so juice wouldn't surprise me.

Back