How do people legitimately believe Conor is going to win?

applesbananas

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I went to a party last night and got into a bunch of arguments over this. Wtf are people thinking? 2 of my friends have said Conor will win because he KOs people. Makes me want to shoot my balls with a potato gun.

Not a lot of people can make educated predictions about the fight. I can't, for example, because I know little about boxing and have never seen Floyd fight save for some highlight reels. But that shouldn't stop people from having discussions and expressing opinions based on what they know. You want to mutilate your testicles (please don't) because two people think they know a lot more than they do, and boldly exclaim their ignorance thinking that it's intelligence. But so what else is new? That's people for you.

But don't forget to check yourself too. How educated are you? How closely have you followed the careers of both fighters? How well do you know boxing and MMA? How much do you pay attention to what the MMA and boxing authorities are saying about the upcoming fight? There's a whole lot of really fascinating stuff online now, not from extremists who say for a fact that Floyd will win, but from really thoughtful people who say that Floyd will probably win, but that Conor does have a chance.

So educate yourself more and more, although if you do that then those morons at the party will look even worse next time you have a Floyd-Conor discussion with them.

Last edited:
I had a vision of Floyd taking a faceplant on the canvas. Clear as day.

Win or lose you should probably make use of the potato gun.

Casual fans are impressionable as fuck. Dangle a previous knockout highlight in front of their faces and they are sure it will somehow happen against arguably the greatest defensive boxer of all time.

Imagine for a moment Nate Diaz, with double the punching speed, twice the defense, and an even tougher chin. Fuck, even that comparison does no justice to Floyd.

Conor has maybe a 5% chance in rounds 1-3.

Not a lot of people can make educated predictions about the fight. I can't, for example, because I know little about boxing and have never seen Floyd fight save for some highlight reels. But that shouldn't stop people from having discussions and expressing opinions based on what they know. Yes, you want to mutilate your testicles (please don't) because a lot of people think they know a lot more than they do, and boldly exclaim their ignorance thinking that it's intelligence. But so what else is new? If you talk to those people about other things they'll be experts in those things too.

But don't forget to check yourself too. How educated are you? How closely have you followed the careers of both fighters? How well do you know boxing and MMA? How much do you pay attention to what the MMA and boxing authorities are saying about the upcoming fight? There's a whole lot of really fascinating stuff online now, not from extremists who say for a fact that Floyd will win, but from really thoughtful people who say that Floyd will probably win, but that Conor does have a chance.

So educate yourself more and more, although if you do that then those morons at the party will look even worse next time you have a Floyd-Conor discussion with them.
I have been watching MMA hardcore for like 12 years now. I have also watched a bit of boxing but not as much. There is a vast difference between Conor's boxing abilities and Floyd's. For Christ's sake, he made Canelo look like an idiot in there.

I do believe he can win, however, the chances of him winning are slim. Conor, like everyone else before him, has a chance of winning, Conor chances however are smaller then the others

I have been watching MMA hardcore for like 12 years now. I have also watched a bit of boxing but not as much. There is a vast difference between Conor's boxing abilities and Floyd's. For Christ's sake, he made Canelo look like an idiot in there.

That was 4 years and 7 fights (for Canelo) ago, not that that means anything, but it's important to gauge where the fighters are right now, and maybe Canelo is a lot better now. But back to Conor-Floyd... Conor is peaking, and he will be at his peak weight. Floyd will be 4 years older blah blah blah... like I said, I'm not claiming that what I'm saying has any great validity...just throwing it out there, trying to make the fight more of a horse race I guess.

Last edited:
That was 4 years and 7 fights (for Canelo) ago, not that that means anything, but it's important to gauge where the fighters are right now, and maybe Canelo is a lot better now. But back to Conor-Floyd... Conor is peaking, and he will be at his peak weight. Floyd will be 4 years older blah blah blah... like I said, I'm not claiming that what I'm saying has any great validity...just throwing it out there, trying to make the fight more of a horse race I guess.
Lol Floyd is still better than Canelo. Conor has nothing more than a punchers chance.

I can't speak for others but I choose to believe it.

I went to a party last night and got into a bunch of arguments over this. Wtf are people thinking? 2 of my friends have said Conor will win because he KOs people. Makes me want to shoot my balls with a potato gun.

I think you should go ahead and do what you want.

Because

1.Anything can happen in a fight
2. Conor is a professional fighter who drops ppl.
3. Floyd is fuckin 40 and hasent fought in 2 years.

These are reasons why its "possible" but not probable....because its boxing.

Tell them to put some money up so when they lose they're the ones who want to shoot their balls with a potato gun.

If you have done anything for 30ish years, and you face someone who has kinda trained that thing a few years, but not committing to just that, would you expect anything but an embarrassment ?

Not a lot of people can make educated predictions about the fight. I can't, for example, because I know little about boxing and have never seen Floyd fight save for some highlight reels. But that shouldn't stop people from having discussions and expressing opinions based on what they know. You want to mutilate your testicles (please don't) because two people think they know a lot more than they do, and boldly exclaim their ignorance thinking that it's intelligence. But so what else is new? That's people for you.

This is the issue. People who watch only MMA think Conor is a cinch. People who watch only boxing think Floyd is a cinch. People who watch both sports and have for years give Conor a realistic chance of about 2 percent to win. Let's face it, he may be younger and bigger. But he's not a boxer, and these guys have been training since they were children. Punching and footwork in a BOXING RING is second nature to them. I was a boxing fan first and have watched many many hours of fights. I have also watched many many hours of MMA fights and Conor will be lucky to land a punch, if he does he'll be lucky if that punch ko's Mayweather. It's just the reality of the situation.

Instead of making threads go take out a loan, add in your entire life savings and place it all on Floyd. Come back to Sherdog and post your slip and then we will know you are fully confident in Floyd and not just a hater. According to you it's easy money so back your words up.....

Aside from the fact that Conor is bigger, stronger, tougher, smarter, and a better fighter, people are underestimating the impact that USADA will have on Floyd.

Instead of making threads go take out a loan, add in your entire life savings and place it all on Floyd. Come back to Sherdog and post your slip and then we will know you are fully confident in Floyd and not just a hater. According to you it's easy money so back your words up.....

I'm 100% confident Floyd can beat Mayweather if he tries. my problem is there is too much money on mcgregor. makes me super suspicious it's going to be a fixed fight.

I know mayweather keeping a flawless record is nice, but the man is obessed with money. I wouldn't put it past him.

Back