How do I split my week up ??

EnglishMMA

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hi all, been training Muay Thai now for a few months now looking at doing BJJ aswell, i want to train as a fighter get a fighters physique aswell as learn the technique I have no fights planned but was just wondering if you could guide me on how I set up my week?

this is my normal week, I get up at 5.30am for and don't get back till 5pm most days. I'm not doing any cardio at the mo don't know where is best to fit in and how much ?
Any advice would be great thank you!

Monday - Muay Thai
Tuesday - s&c circuits
Wednesday - rest
Thursday - Muay Thai
Friday - s&c circuits
Saturday - rest
Sunday - s&c circuits or BJJ

Hello English MMA, I'm also English (Coventry)...

To give you a 100% honest answer, if you want to be training as a "fighter" then you need to be in your gym training your art more like 5 times a week, not two or three. Cardio is simple, do as much as you can manage without compromising on your classes.

If you're already of a reasonable level of fitness, and only training once a day, you can probably get away with only one rest day.

You can also mix things up, for example when you visit your s&c gym do an hour cardio, and an hour strength. Or go for a run after your Muay Thai class.

There's no easy way round it.

Can't you do 2 a day? When I had time, I used to do 3 classes. Now I do 2 because of time. You can easily fit 2-3 classes a day. I do S&C then mt or bjj after. MT if I feel fresh and bjj if I want to rest. I don't roll hard so bjj is like a rest day/class for me.

If I only have time for 1 class a day, I choose MT over S&C. MT is so harcore, it's basically S&C with techniques thrown in. I sometimes stay after class to work out more if I don't feel like I worked enough. Usually I work on my abs or legs.

This question has more moving parts than you realize, but ill try to do my best to keep it simple.

I would break up the training sessions into levels of intensity. low being technique work, medium being 3-5 minute rounds, and high being maximal effort sprint protocols. This applies to s&c workouts as well. Low being like jogging, lower weights for muscular endurance protocols. Medium being 3-10 minute rounds of any cardio, and hypertrophy type work 8-10 reps range. High being max effort sprint work or heavy lifting in the 3-5 rep range. Start conservative and pair low and medium type intensity work together and get about 4-6 days of workouts a week with at least 1 day of full rest. Slowly get a grasp on what your body's overall training volume is and slowly up either the volume or the intensity.

Back