How do I put on an fg 5000?

You are losing your mind, it is the Cleto Reyes that chokes you... - he said sarcastically.

Is the fg 5000 supposed to be as stiff as a brand new cleto reyes glove? it's kind of bulky and very stiff. the padding is nothing like the fg 2900. Will it break in over time, or will it stay stiff?

Is the fg 5000 supposed to be as stiff as a brand new cleto reyes glove? it's kind of bulky and very stiff. the padding is nothing like the fg 2900. Will it break in over time, or will it stay stiff?

I only have experience with the 2900, but I would image the 5000 would be quite similar; where did you order yours from.

I only have experience with the 2900, but I would image the 5000 would be quite similar; where did you order yours from.

I ordered from rakuten, the fg 5000 just seems a little bulky, plus it's a pain to get the chin strap on. not sure if it's normal

No experience with the fg2900, but I'm assuming the that the padding is the same as my 10oz gloves. The fg5000 has significantly harder padding, yet still softer than most facesavers that I have seen. I know what you're talking about with the strap digging into your neck, and it's felt significantly better for me when I adjusted the headgear to sit higher on my head, like in the following picture. I can't tell if it's the angle of the photos, but it seems a little too low to me.
PACMAN.JPG

Since I've adjusted it to be higher, I've noticed that it's felt a lot better. That being said, I don't know if the fg5000 would be suited to fit everyone's face correctly.

Thanks guys!

Big- it isn't a knock off, the overall craftsmanship is amazing, beautiful smell, color, embroidery ect.

as for the fitting, I'm having a hard time getting the fit I desire. if I take all the laces off and just fit it against my face, it feels excellent. so what I'm doing now is trying longer laces. I'm in that process but somehow I'm stuck with getting the laces correctly into the little holes, I'll update once I get it done

Alright guys, medium fits me like a charm, I put longer laces on the back, and instead of squeezing it, I was sort of trying to rip it, I pulled from ear to ear like my life depended on it. great news, I got it working, and medium does in fact fit with a little modification. (and Vaseline) thanks everybody for all your help.

although the plastic clip gives me a little choke and oddly enough it makes my throat itch, everything seems to be okay, too bad there's no sparring till the second week of January at my gym because I'm eager to test this thing out

Alright guys, medium fits me like a charm, I put longer laces on the back, and instead of squeezing it, I was sort of trying to rip it, I pulled from ear to ear like my life depended on it. great news, I got it working, and medium does in fact fit with a little modification. (and Vaseline) thanks everybody for all your help.

although the plastic clip gives me a little choke and oddly enough it makes my throat itch, everything seems to be okay, too bad there's no sparring till the second week of January at my gym because I'm eager to test this thing out

Good to hear man, is the vaseline for easing forehead pressure or so the headgear doesn't give you red bumps?

Winnings are very bulky, which is why I am very happy with my Cleto Reyes facebar.

Hey Big, where did you get your Cleto Reyes from, saw that you're from Canada. Did you get it from Hatashita?

Good to hear man, is the vaseline for easing forehead pressure or so the headgear doesn't give you red bumps?

I'm using Vaseline so the headgear could just slide in. now that I think of it, it does to a great job on easing pressure on my forehead.

all and all, the headgear now fits, sits snug around my cheeks, not too tight around the forehead.

*FOR ANYBODY THAT HAS THIS SITUATION IN THE FUTURE *

1-Exchange the laces in the back for longer laces.
2-Do not squeeze, but pull/rip the headgear from side to side/ear to ear.
3-The laces in the back should be very VERY lose/away from each other
4-push the headgear into your face and have somebody pull those laces and tie.
5-Test it.

If you need a tighter fit, squeeze the headgear gently, easy, not to much or you'll make it too tight once again.

I have the same situation as you. 23 inch head with size medium fg5000.

Would you still stick with a medium now that you found a way to make it fit?

1. Where did you get the longer laces?
2. I'm not sure I know what you mean. Can you take a picture describing what you're doing?
3. Can you also take a picture of how the laces SHOULD look in the back?

Do you also feel the bar hitting your nose when you get hit? The bar is about 1cm away from my nose.

Thanks

2. I'm not sure I know what you mean. Can you take a picture describing what you're doing?

Do you also feel the bar hitting your nose when you get hit? The bar is about 1cm away from my nose.

Thanks

See this thread for pictures.

I personally bought my longer laces at Walmart. You can get them at places that sell shoes. Or just get small rope cut at a hardware store.

I see. I tried making it loose like that and it moves all over the place when i get hit. Also, I can't see low punches that the bar blocks my vision big time. Can someone post up a pic of themselves of the front also?

Thanks

Hello, I'm happy to help. let's see..

I most definitely will stick with medium.

You can get longer laces anywhere really, I personally got mine off my winning gloves since they were long, very long. But to be specific, you can use laces found at foot locker, champs, anywhere they sell shoes. Just make sure they're longer than the ones you have now. for safety get the longest ones you find

Here let me describe this as best as I can, What you do is grab the actual facebar with two hands from the inside and pull outside. don't worry, you won't break it. just pull as hard as you can. if you push it in you'll make it smaller, so just rip the bar from side to side.

I haven't sparred with it so I can't tell, although I'm sure if it does touch my nose, that's all it would be. A touch.

Deathstriker provided the link of the thread where pictures are, Thanks.

also, there is a picture of me wearing it, just go a page back

Here let me describe this as best as I can, What you do is grab the actual facebar with two hands from the inside and pull outside. don't worry, you won't break it. just pull as hard as you can. if you push it in you'll make it smaller, so just rip the bar from side to side.

I'm guessing you mean put the head gear on, put two hands on the face bar with the fingers inside the headgear against the face and pull diagonally left and right outwards?

I'm guessing you mean put the head gear on, put two hands on the face bar with the fingers inside the headgear against the face and pull diagonally left and right outwards?

Yes, but do so while the headgear is off, obviously you'll get more leverage by doing so. Tell me how it's coming along

Last edited:
Back