how do I play this intro

lakersfan45

That's sardo! No mr, accent on the do!
@Gold
Reaction score
So I'm just barely learning how to play guitar and practing chords for the dirst time

How do I play this intro?

I don't think the chords I find online for the song matches the chords here. All I'm trying to do is play the intro before the first verse.

Peace love and respect for those that help.

Looks like D,A,F#,G. If you struggle with the F# just hit F instead. It won't make much difference

Looks like D,A,F#,G. If you struggle with the F# just hit F instead. It won't make much difference
Is he playing A with just one finger ? Anything u can tell me about the strumming pattern that I might be doing wrong

Yeah he's hitting it with one finger. I do the same, mostly out of laziness. The strumming seems to be down up, down up, but try hitting down, down, down, up. The problem might just be the tempo, he's playing it quite fast

Yeah he's hitting it with one finger. I do the same, mostly out of laziness. The strumming seems to be down up, down up, but try hitting down, down, down, up. The problem might just be the tempo, he's playing it quite fast
Is he hitting the string one up before he starts to strum for each chord ?

huh? It makes a pretty big difference.

Guy in the video plays open A wrong, BTW. Barring it like that doesn't let the open E ring.

Guy's just starting out, he's not going to be able to handle that chord progression at that tempo, so hitting an F is about the best option. Some might say he could just cover the first 2 strings with his first finger instead of barring but even so, a beginner going from D to that would fuckin struggle, It's much better just to hit the open F until he's ready for bar chords.

Laker, it's going to be hard to learn this song if you're a beginner and trying to learn how to play that reading every single detail about it.

He's playing a simple 4 chord progression but you could write a novel of all the little details he's doing to make it sound like that. Once you get the chords down it'll kind of sound like that but it won't sound nearly as good. Once you get the strumming pattern down, it'll sound like that but it'll sound messy. He's also deciding when and where to strum all the strings vs. just strumming the lower strings for the strumming effect you're hearing. Not only that but he's releasing pressure on the chords to give the transition sound you're hearing in between chord changes. Almost like he's partially muting the last strum or two in between chord changes.

If you tried to write it all down and then learn it step by step like that, it would take you forever. The best way for me is to just learn the chords and then start strumming and see how close you can get it to sound like that as you play around with it. You should be able to learn it much faster that way and it'll feel natural instead of feeling like you have to follow this step by step script that you'll keep screwing up on.

Laker, it's going to be hard to learn this song if you're a beginner and trying to learn how to play that reading every single detail about it.

He's playing a simple 4 chord progression but you could write a novel of all the little details he's doing to make it sound like that. Once you get the chords down it'll kind of sound like that but it won't sound nearly as good. Once you get the strumming pattern down, it'll sound like that but it'll sound messy. He's also deciding when and where to strum all the strings vs. just strumming the lower strings for the strumming effect you're hearing. Not only that but he's releasing pressure on the chords to give the transition sound you're hearing in between chord changes. Almost like he's partially muting the last strum or two in between chord changes.

If you tried to write it all down and then learn it step by step like that, it would take you forever. The best way for me is to just learn the chords and then start strumming and see how close you can get it to sound like that as you play around with it. You should be able to learn it much faster that way and it'll feel natural instead of feeling like you have to follow this step by step script that you'll keep screwing up on.
Thanks i appreciate it! My instructor today wrote me an alternate version using power chords. I'm going to try both. That f is a killer for me though

Back