How do I meditate?

Noodles03

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Hi, hopefully I'm posting this in the right sub forum. I'm curious on how do you guys meditate, do you focus on a random image or do you try to clear your mind? The reason why I'm asking is because I would have these moments in sparring where I would forget my surrounding and I would zone in without hesitation. It's an awesome feeling and I would to figure out how to enter that state of mind.

will-ferrell-debate-o.gif

Download an app called may calm beat and practice with that. when you meditate, try to focus on your breath and use it to 'anchor' you to the present moment.

thoughts will enter your mind, just acknowledge and let them go, don't dwell on anything and come back to your breath.

another thing you may like to try is just in your day to day life, try to pay attention to your surroundings. notice the things around you, acknowledge them, then move on without dwelling and without going into autopilot.

i count my breath and visualize the numbers in different colours. 1 to 10 or 1 to 100, it's up to you. i started doing this while taking a walk. 4 steps inhale and 4 steps exhale. i can get into a pretty baked feeling when doing this outside. but i prefer weed. don't try to think about nothing. thats impossible. just concentrate. maybe visualize your boxing techniques. i visualize lifting e.g.

Another vote for an app. I'm using calm as well. Head space is another good one altho quite expensive

Who cares? Meditation is dumb. Do you think you're a monk or something?

I sit on lay down. No joke, breathing in and out- deeply.

Go over to Sealfit and search for their box breathing exercise.

Back