How do I build a ramp with bricks and crushed rock???

Clippy

Good Times
@plutonium
Reaction score
My first ramp to the shed was made out of wooden 2x4s and it rotted out and the next ramp to the shed was a piece of plywood which is coming apart bad.

I have bricks in the garage a pile of miscellaneous crushed rock behind the garage. I was talking to my Father in law about how I need a new ramp and he told me to use the bricks and crushed rock

He tried to explain it to me and I didn't get it and he explained it again, some specific way to make a wall with bricks and fill it in with rock? I think he has a specific vision I don't understand. How will this keep or work logistically?

And then he came by and asked why I haven't done it yet but I really don't get what to do.

Can someone help me plan this?

I tried to find a video or instructions online but couldn't

I just have bricks and crushed rock to work with

Ok well what kind of crushed rock do you have? You'll need to read what kind it is and if it can be used as mortar. A project that size should only require a larger bucket to mix it with water. So research the ratio of water/cement.

Buy a trowel.

And then just wing it.

"mortar" sounds like an ancient mythological demond of some kind

Can't I just make a wall with bricks and throw the rocks in the middle?

I'm not exactly sure what kind of rocks you have. But probably not. Dont you have some old man to ask to have a look? Most guys will be able to give you a cheap easy solution. You dont sound like you know anything.

When I get home tonight I think I'll just build a make shift brick wall and pour rocks in the middle and hope for the best

It's a slight incline, maybe two bricks high at the most, laying down

I guess I'll build walls on either side and rocks int he middle

Use cement blocks as your retaining walls . . . backfill with rock or dirt . . . compact so it stays in place . . .

When I get home tonight I think I'll just build a make shift brick wall and pour rocks in the middle and hope for the best

It's a slight incline, maybe two bricks high at the most, laying down

I guess I'll build walls on either side and rocks int he middle

Now you can apply to build the wall when Trump can find the money to do so . . . you'll have plenty of experience.

Now you can apply to build the wall when Trump can find the money to do so . . . you'll have plenty of experience.

Ha!

I'm going to do this quick and eazy

I just don't think it will maintain itself but I hope it looks good

First you cross the river with the duck. Then you come back and bring over the dog and bring the duck back. The. You bring the grain over and leave it with the dog. Then you go back and get the duck.

Ha!

I'm going to do this quick and eazy

I just don't think it will maintain itself but I hope it looks good

I have to build a ramp into a shed too . . . I've just been using ATV ramps for now.

Last edited:
Help me improve on this design concept

upload_2018-7-1_10-3-49.png

I have a snowblower in there

full

Back