How do guys in Jail get so huge?

Dude it's prison, you have 12+hrs a day to do nothing but work out.

You only get about 1/2 an hour to 45 min in the 'yard' to work out. You dont sit in a gym all day.

Anyway, lots of inmates do pushups / dips / situps in the cells to pass time. They use their cell mates to add extra weight on pushups and help each other with their in cell work outs. When the yard, they work out.

There isn't much to do in the cell but eat and sleep... So when you arn't eating and you arn't reading, you pass out. Giving your muscles time to recover.

So a long day of pushups and situps in the cell + a 1/2 hour workout in the yard *heavy weight* and 6 - 12 hours of sleep = good work out.

I've been doing BJJ for two weeks now. Can you teach me a guard pass?

Also, how long will it take me to get to blue belt.

I know I'm going to tap someone out one of these days.

My tae-kwon-do instructor told me it would cost $2,200 for my blackbelt. I paid upfront, got my blackbelt, and didn't bother going back there again. After all, I had reached the pinnacle in the sport.

My tae-kwon-do instructor told me it would cost $2,200 for my blackbelt. I paid upfront, got my blackbelt, and didn't bother going back there again. After all, I had reached the pinnacle in the sport.

You sir, are a smart man.

My BJJ coach told me it would take years of hardwork to get a black belt. Give me the number to your TKD school please.

Topic starter - not all guys that come out of jail are huge. I'd like to see a scientific study that proves that your average inmate is in better shape than a non-inmate. All you're going on is movies and "Oh, I know this one guy, and that other guy"

Want a black belt? See my sig. Takes a little over a year as far as I know. You can even videotape yourself testing to be reviewed if you cannot make the official testing.

You only get about 1/2 an hour to 45 min in the 'yard' to work out. You dont sit in a gym all day.

Well no shit :rolleyes: no one said it was 24hr fitness
The rest of your post was fairly accurate.

Well no shit :rolleyes: no one said it was 24hr fitness
The rest of your post was fairly accurate.

the way you made it sound, it was 12 hour fitness.

Just sticking to the facts.

Did I state they were in a gym for 12hrs a day? Did I even state they were any where near weights for 12hrs a day?
Stick to the facts man...

A better question would be how so many of the inmates get huge with that shit diet they have.

A better question would be why doesn't the corrupt system work on rehabilitating these poor individuals? Instead of treating them like animals and in effect forcing them back into the same old habits they had before going in?

Nah, jk about that. They can all rot in hell, whether they be rightly convicted or wrongly convicted.

America is the most over-imprisoned nation in the first world. The number of nonviolent offenders in prison, on charges for things like marijuana offenses, is staggering.

There's a reason there's a private prison industry, just like there's a reason there's a private war industry.

And it's all the fault of elected officials you put in power.

America is the most over-imprisoned nation in the first world. The number of nonviolent offenders in prison, on charges for things like marijuana offenses, is staggering.

There's a reason there's a private prison industry, just like there's a reason there's a private war industry.

And it's all the fault of elected officials you put in power.

Why I'm all for a complete second section of what?-of prisons in America for nonviolent offenders.

Not bad, but I'll do you one better--decriminalization of marijuana and some other "drugs".

Not bad, but I'll do you one better--decriminalization of marijuana and some other "drugs".

That'd be nice, but you have to show the Man some money, some benefit. Just being cool isn't enough. So I say build a whole second nonviolent prison system, geared more toward rehab instead of punishment. The construction would take money, staffing them would take money, and maintaining them would take money- all monies from taxes. Few Americans would protest a tax increase for this prison system, in my humble opinion.

At any rate, it's better than the current system.

At any rate, it's better than the current system.

Oh yeah. Guy goes to jail for a pound of weed, and what does he learn? Violence and more criminal behavior to try out upon release.

I saw a documentary on tv where a prison was having a PL meet with weight classes and a guard acting as a judge. They were squatting some big fuckin weight as I remember.

You and your friend have been watching too many movies. Have you seen cops? Most of those guys aren't that big. A lot are 120-135lbs.

Wasteland.

My cousin came out of jail and he became a tank. Those 120-135 were former crackheads that can care less about weightlifting.

Back