How do all these college graduates not know what a HDMI/Cat V cable is?

Jesus, does everyone need to switch to caffeine-free Mountain Dew Code Red or something? It's like WESTSIDE STORY in here a little bit.

giphy.gif

My point of starting this thread was that it genuinely puzzled me. My point of mentioning college is I assume they have spent a significant amount of time around computers. I've learned that calling it catV probably isn't as common as I thought. So that explains that. Still a little puzzled about the HDMI. They are still used all over.

So, on top of my previous post about learning different things in college, it does seem a bit odd to me that, in this day in age, none of these kids ever had to hook up a computer to a tv or anything else that would require an HDMI cable.

Of course, kids these days don’t even use TVs. They just watch shit on their phones and tablets, and play games on them too. So I guess it’s not that surprising.

Most people are not going to be familiar with twisted pair cable terminology. They call them Ethernet cables. This thread is off-topic-worthy at best.
And they plug those ethernet cables into NIC cards.

Our front desk agents are all fresh out of college and one request we always get from guests is for a catV / HDMI cable. So many of them have never heard of either of them. How is this possible? I only went to college for a year then went to a trade school but I'm pretty sure I knew what both were well before that. Have they never hooked a computer to a TV or hooked up a printer or modem? Aren't basic computer classes required to get a degree nowadays? Or am I simply old and everything is wireless nowadays?

Your answer is in bold, you are welcome.

WTF is Cat V? I bought Cat 5 from Walmart... or was that Cat 6.

Back