How did you score the fight?

I don't think that is unreasonable as I had Wilder winning two rounds apart from the knockdowns. But even if you have 3 rounds to Wilder that would still mean the score was 113-113 NOT anywhere close to being 115-111 Wilder.
No rounds were that dominant by either fighter.

So you had no point?

Keep watching fights with your own made up rules and then wonder why you have the wrong score every time. But its not your ignorance. No. Its those pro judges who are just out to get Tyson Fury or whatever dumb conspiracy theory people come up with.
It makes me laugh that anything anyone says just galvanises you. War seano.

I think it was 120-108 fury because I like him more

No rounds were that dominant by either fighter.
You keep saying that but the VAST majority of people disagree with you, myself included. You can't score a fight. You've shown that time and time again.

IMO, you're seeing two things here.

1. Bitter brits.

2. The underdog performed a lot better than people expected and thought he was more dominant in close rounds than he was.

No one getting dropped hard in two rounds dominated shit. Fury didn't clearly win all 10 of the remaining rounds.

3. People frustrated by the abundance of bad scoring (primarily driven by an outdated, unclear and subjective scoring system) and the people that refuse to accept there is an issue

You keep saying that but the VAST majority of people disagree with you, myself included. You can't score a fight. You've shown that time and time again.
Except I get it right every time. Thats what makes little tantrums like yours so fun.

3. People frustrated by the abundance of bad scoring (primarily driven by an outdated, unclear and subjective scoring system) and the people that refuse to accept there is an issue
People only have issue with the scoring criteria when their guy loses. the scoring system works. Fans just don't understand it.

What makes it outdated? I think its perfect.

It makes me laugh that anything anyone says just galvanises you. War seano.

I think it was 120-108 fury because I like him more
I stopped the fight in the 12th.

Except I get it right every time. Thats what makes little tantrums like yours so fun.
Yeah sure you do LOL 90% of Sherdog disagree. I'd love to live in your world Seano when you can be so wrong but remain convinced that you are in the right. You just proved yet again that you can't score a fight for shit and you have to make up all these excuses why you are in the right. Just to let you know, no ones buying it!

It's very hard to be right when three judges had different scores.

The only person who is right is the person who scored it a draw. And as I can't be arsed looking through the thread I'm guessing EVERYONE was wrong.

Going round by round it's a pretty clear 115-111 Fury, round 12 was arguably not even a 10-8 round since Fury came back strong and won the last half of the round. But Wilder had the knockdowns and I know that is the name of the game for some judges.

Literally what I said to my buddy as we were watchng it was "how the hell are they gonna score this fight, you can give it to Fury on points, or you can give it to Wilder on knockdowns, or you can split the difference and call it a draw"

As it turned out those were the ways the 3 judges saw it too.

I was happy with the draw, did not feel like either guy can really claim they were robbed or anything, Fury cause he got dropped twice and Wilder because he got clearly outboxed for about 33 of the 36 minutes they fought. Amazing fight, I was standing for most of the 12th. Can't wait for the rematch.

Also i think either guy wrecks Joshua. He has been feasting on smaller guys, Klitschko aside (and Klitschko nearly finished him), he will not be able to handle Fury or Wilder's length.

People only have issue with the scoring criteria when their guy loses. the scoring system works. Fans just don't understand it.

What makes it outdated? I think its perfect.

The fact that 2 professional judges at a world heavyweight title can have a 9 point swing difference of opinion.
If they can watch the same fight and have such a difference of opinion on the outcome then essentially whats the point? Anyone can subjectively defend their position. You may as well toss a coin or have the boxers play rock paper scissors.

There are no other successful sports I can think of where you can get to the end and have no clue who won.

Yeah sure you do LOL 90% of Sherdog disagree. I'd love to live in your world Seano when you can be so wrong but remain convinced that you are in the right. You just proved yet again that you can't score a fight for shit and you have to make up all these excuses why you are in the right. Just to let you know, no ones buying it!
You're a dick when your favorite loses. Stop talking to me until you're done with your tantrum.

The fact that 2 professional judges at a world heavyweight title can have a 9 point swing difference of opinion.
If they can watch the same fight and have such a difference of opinion on the outcome then essentially whats the point? Anyone can subjectively defend their position. You may as well toss a coin or have the boxers play rock paper scissors.

There are no other successful sports I can think of where you can get to the end and have no clue who won.
I think that makes perfect sense in the confines of the 4 scoring criteria. The 4 criteria gives all styles a chance. Nothing you could come up with wouldn't favor a particular style.

I don't think that is unreasonable as I had Wilder winning two rounds apart from the knockdowns. But even if you have 3 rounds to Wilder that would still mean the score was 113-113 NOT anywhere close to being 115-111 Wilder.

I would have had a hard time seeing 5 of those rounds for Wilder, and I'll have to rewatch the fight and score it closely before I have a clear score. Watching it live it wasn't hard to see 4, 5, or even 6 rounds which were very close, though. If you gave Wilder the benefit of the doubt in all those close rounds, 115-111 probably is possible. I'd have to go back and watch, though.

Seano is the King of rarking people up lol. Just slight little things but very clever. "People only get mad when their fighter lost" even though it was a draw.

"I'm always right though" even though he didn't score it a draw.

"Out cold"

The absolute King of Sherdog baiting for ten years plus.

I tip my hat to you.

You're a dick when your favorite loses. Stop talking to me until you're done with your tantrum.
Awww did I hurt you feelings Seano? Wa wa wa. You want to post stupid scores but then you get all upset when people pick you up on it. Grow up you big baby.

I just dont see how anyone could give Wilder more rounds. Outside of his two knockdowns I'd love to hear everyone who thinks Wilder won break down the rest of the right minus those two rounds. And even at 10-8 I dont have wilder winning it by score.

To be clear, I think Fury won. But for the sake of arguement, I’m willing to justify Wilder having won at least one round outside the KD rounds.

The question leading into the fight was whether Fury would be in shape, so answering that question colored the commentating about the early rounds. The focus was on “It looks like Fury has come prepared.” “Fury’s movements look sharp.” Etc.

Commentators new Deontay would come in shape and prepared so they weren’t focusing on answering that question. So during those early rounds the focus was on Fury While Deontay was indeed pressing the action more (particularly in round 2). You can debate how effective he was, but you can also understand why a judge not listening to the commentating might give a close round to the fighter pressing the action.

Awww did I hurt you feelings Seano? Wa wa wa. You want to post stupid scores but then you get all upset when people pick you up on it. Grow up you big baby.
No, just saying. I'll discuss the fight with you, but you're more concerned with insulting me. I don't take boxing matches personally like that. Its weird.

I would have had a hard time seeing 5 of those rounds for Wilder, and I'll have to rewatch the fight and score it closely before I have a clear score. Watching it live it wasn't hard to see 4, 5, or even 6 rounds which were very close, though. If you gave Wilder the benefit of the doubt in all those close rounds, 115-111 probably is possible. I'd have to go back and watch, though.
I've watched the fight a second time through and I came to the same score of 114-112 to Fury. I really struggle to get anywhere close to 115-111 for Wilder.

Back