How did the alt-right became more popular than the tea party

The alt-right is a term coined by Richard Spencer. It applies to movements associated with his ideology. It's by no means all republicans.

And yes, the alt-right includes several Nazi groups.

Peterson et.al are often referred to as the alt-lite to distinguish them from the more extreme groups.

No kidding, this is all there is to it. People just throw labels on others, and call the label popular. Tea Party people were self identified, nobody Alt-Rights themselves...

They proudly coined themselves alt-right, until it got exposed as a KKK neo nazis nest.

The white-house is full of white supremacists.

Not all racists are alt-right. Jeff Session is not alt-right. Stephen Miller is etc etc.

So any one that you disagree with is a racist but not necessarily alt right.

So any one that you disagree with is a racist but not necessarily alt right.

That's just projection on your part. I do dislike all racists, but not all people I disagree with are racist.

I've always seen the Tea Party as a precursor to the alt-right.

Yeah, there's very little genuine passion for redistributing wealth from the middle class to the rich. It was mostly coded identity issues, and now that aspect is more out in the open.

Tea-party was initially anti-republican AND democrat. It was against the big banks colluding with our government. They changed quickly when establishment conservative donors bought it and redirected it. Tea-party was cool for a couple weeks, then turned into the absolute worst establishment conservatism has to offer. Even brainwashed fox news fan of 10-15 years ago can't keep being THAT stupid.

The Tea Party started with anger about proposed homeowner relief after the housing crash and general opposition to helping victims of the economic collapse.

Loneliness, lack of belonging, inadequacy, fear, poor social skills, lack of core beliefs, lack of success with woman. All the same attributes that extreme groups have manipulated for centuries to lure confused young men into thier arms.

Last edited:
The Tea Party was too old, too boring, too rural, too policy-driven.

The Alt-Right is younger, wittier, more cultural, and more urban/suburban. Instead of carrying signs, they make their political points through internet memes, message boards, etc. And of course, it's almost entirely based on cultural issues. Universal healthcare? Who gives a shit? I just saw a Youtube video of a Muslim in Michigan saying women shouldn't be allowed to wear bikinis.

So how do you classified someone as racist.

A person who shows or feels discrimination or prejudice against people of other races, or who believes that a particular race is inherently superior to another.

The whole concept to racism is not only contrary to facts but also an existential threat to humankind.

A person who shows or feels discrimination or prejudice against people of other races, or who believes that a particular race is inherently superior to another.

The whole concept to racism is not only contrary to facts but also an existential threat to humankind.

Racism is an much over used term now.

The first part about feels is the problem. Because someone feels like someone might feel different them them about something they call them racist.

Also when some people don't like what someone's says it's called racist by this new movement.

The term is so misused it has lost meaning.

And yes there are racist out there, of all races. There are more white racist in the US Because There are more "white" people.

The first part about feels is the problem. Because someone feels like someone might feel different them them about something they call them racist.

Also when some people don't like what someone's says it's called racist by this new movement.

And yes there are racist out there, of all races. There are more white racist in the US Because There are more "white" people.

I don't agree with anything you posted here.

I think that "racism" is way underused because it's not politically correct. People--especially in the media--will bend over backward to avoid noticing its existence. Shooter: "I shot those people because I hate n*****s." Media: "Shooter's motive unknown; experts suspect economic anxiety, opioid crisis." I also rarely see it applied inappropriately.

Last edited:
because the Alt Left is worse than both.

Has a single politician that defines themselves as "alt-right", been elected to a political position?

And before anyone says Trump, please provide evidence of where Trump has described himself or his political platform as "alt-right", in the same manner as those of the "tea party" have.

Breitbart is the self proclaimed platform for the alt-right.

It's too bad the alt right isn't actually characterized by the two primary tenets identified by Bannon: Economic nationalism and an "America first", non-interventionist foreign policy.

What? What alt-right? Who said anything about alt-right? I'm not convinced there's such a thing as alt-right. You're alt-right, if anything, righty.

It's mostly the same people, just a little more overtly racist now.

I agree. I don't think you could find anyone who used to turn out for the old TP demonstrations who isn't a current member of Trump's unshakable, ready-to-die-for-dear-leader 40% base.

so what are they motivated by?
They're motivated by race and establishing an ethno state. We're talking about the real alt right here, not Gavin and Milo and Rubin and Shapiro. If you don't believe me, you haven't spent much time on 4chan. That's the home of the alt-right without a doubt. And that's what they want. They talk about it constantly.

I think that "racism" is way underused because it's not politically correct. People--especially in the media--will bend over backward to avoid noticing its existence. Shooter: "I shot those people because I hate n*****s." Media: "Shooters' motive unknown; experts suspect economic anxiety, opioid crisis." I also rarely see it applied inappropriately.

That's because what's racist to the average person is normal and fine behaviour in the brain of a racist.

Just like what feels like a call to equality by the oppressrd feels like the end of the world to the oppressors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back