How did Semmy have a physical advantage over fighters

by being 6ft 11 and 290lbs. his jab and left front kick was enough to bully around other fighters.

With such a height and reach advantage you'd be silly not to see the physical advantage. What made him special is that he knew how to use that to his favour.

He was a very talented fighter who was also much bigger than most of his opponents. Just saying he was big and won his fights solely based on physical advantages would be wrong though. Hong Man Choi didn't, and wouldn't be able to, take out Hunt with a spinning back kick.

Also Semmy Schilt his cardio was pretty good.

Sefo-Schilt-KO.gif

Damn never seen this KO before. Sefo had a hell of a chin but that's the risk against Semmy when your that much smaller. You have to close the distance but jumping in could cost your chin.

Okay, TS. Why don't dwarves compete in KB? Some of them are very strong, hell of a bench press.

He was just a bully being the bigger,heavier fighter in his every fight(Hong Man Choi does not count...)..having a reach of 88 in (224 cm) and using it effectively...so at the end of the day he had all the physical advantages posible...if his mental would be as crazy as Badr's he would be a monster, I dont even want to think about it...Aerts beat him twice only on sheer will

He was just a bully being the bigger,heavier fighter in his every fight(Hong Man Choi does not count...)..having a reach of 88 in (224 cm) and using it effectively...so at the end of the day he had all the physical advantages posible...if his mental would be as crazy as Badr's he would be a monster, I dont even want to think about it...Aerts beat him twice only on sheer will
Excellent analysis

Had he had Badr Hari's mentality and lack of discipline he probably wouldn't have accomplished what he achieved in the sport :)

Back