How did Rampage vs Evans UFC 114 do over 1mil PPV buys

There was this feeling that someone was going t o get fucking murdered in that cage that night.

You had to see what happened.

Was it because they were coaches on TUF?

It wasnt even for a title either

Plus not a good co main either..Bisping cake walk over journeyman Dan Miller

Jones vs Evans, which had a more better rivalry only did 700K

Jones vs Rampage only did 520K

That's also significantly more than all (4) of Mighty Mouses PPV totals COMBINED

Other fights on the main card

Todd Duffee vs Mike Russo - sub average HW fight
Lil Nog vs journeyman Jason Brilz
No name John Hathway vs Pre Crazy Diego

Another note

UFC 113, the PPV before with the highly anticipated rematch between Machida & Shogun, a title fight
Also with Kimbo
and Kosheck vs Daley on the card
only did 500K buys
TUF 10 was amazing, Their exciting , non stop verbal Sparring on TUF their cast (Kimbo bless) , Rampage losing in and destroying a door, and the cast being HW’s, led to great ratings!

Last edited:
It was one of the most watched seasons of Tuf didnt it have kimbo on there and it was heavyweights.
Even my sister watched that tuf on spike, spike did tuf better than fox, tuf on spike was a high drama reality show that even girls watched they really filmed it to cause drama and ratings, now its whatever.

Spike was very hard core and really marketted to the male demographic as well.

The promo was WELL DONE

back when the UFC was not "dying."

TUF was still hot and Evans and Rampage were seen as top stars with KO power.

Hell, even I watched that full season of TUF and I haven't watched any since.

The fight didn't live up to the hype but the build was one of the best UFC ever had.

That’s because of that guy Titties.

U must haven’t been watching ufc. Lol Rashad has headline or co main evented almost every fight he’s been in up until now . And rampage was big

The fight sucked, but at the time it was pretty much the most anticipated fight in mma. Long buildup and several delays. People were dying to see this fight finally happen.

This is before the cash grab price raises...it was only 39$ for a ppv back then.

They were huge stars. Rashad came from TUF 2 and was a former champion. Rampage was coming off that movie and was still popular. That season of TUF was probably the highest rated ever. They both knew how to sell a fight. Perfect timing

U must haven’t been watching ufc. Lol Rashad has headline or co main evented almost every fight he’s been in up until now . And rampage was big

And now he’s on fight pass and hampage is 300lbs

That probably wasn't even peak UFC and it still seems fantastic compared to now. I had butterflies before that card.

Maybe I've just gotten old.

Because we were promised a fucking fight! They hype for that match up was awesome and then the fight itself was underwhelming lol. I Remeber near the end of the fight where Rampage rocked Rashad but didn’t follow it up and he ended up losing the decision, shit was brutally disappointing lol.
Same as the thiago silva rashad fight. Silva had shad wobbly and didnt capitalize. So frustrating

BEST SEASON OF TUF EVER

Rampage always pulling pranks on rashad lol

And to think, there hasn't been a regular season with heavyweights since...

The fight was definitely sold by that season of tuf which they coached. That was the most viewed tuf season ever and it definitely translated well into pay per view. Not to mention the multiple face to face confrontations Rashad and Rampage had, sure made it seem so tense and we all looked forward to that fight to see who would emerge victorious.

Back