How did Rampage vs Evans UFC 114 do over 1mil PPV buys

zxyss25

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Was it because they were coaches on TUF?

It wasnt even for a title either

Plus not a good co main either..Bisping cake walk over journeyman Dan Miller

Jones vs Evans, which had a more better rivalry only did 700K

Jones vs Rampage only did 520K

That's also significantly more than all (4) of Mighty Mouses PPV totals COMBINED

Other fights on the main card

Todd Duffee vs Mike Russo - sub average HW fight
Lil Nog vs journeyman Jason Brilz
No name John Hathway vs Pre Crazy Diego

Another note

UFC 113, the PPV before with the highly anticipated rematch between Machida & Shogun, a title fight
Also with Kimbo
and Kosheck vs Daley on the card
only did 500K buys

They were peaking in star power and their TUF rivalry was enough to push it over the top

black and black crime.

but the banter on TUF was pretty hilarious

The hype was real
Dopest TUF season of all time
A year + build up

“There gonna be some more black on black crime”

RampageJacksonRashadEvans.jpg

Was it because they were coaches on TUF?

It wasnt even for a title either

Plus not a good co main either..Bisping cake walk over journeyman Dan Miller

Jones vs Evans, which had a more better rivalry only did 700K

Jones vs Rampage only did 520K

That's also significantly more than all (4) of Mighty Mouses PPV totals COMBINED

Other fights on the main card

Todd Duffee vs Mike Russo - sub average HW fight
Lil Nog vs journeyman Jason Brilz
No name John Hathway vs Pre Crazy Diego
Dude the hammer fist of doom was an average fight? And also like the guy above me said, TUF.

Lil nog and diego sanchez were and still are pretty big names.

Big rivalry between 2 of the UFC's biggest stars at the time.

Dude the hammer fist of doom was an average fight? And also like the guy above me said, TUF.

Lil nog and diego sanchez were and still are pretty big names.

No one knew the hammer of doom existed until after the fight...hence it wouldnt add to buyrates haha

That season of TUF was fantastic. Very entertaining. Rashad and Rampage really sold that fight.

Too bad the fight didn’t exactly live up to the hype.

And well, this is when people actually gave a fuck about the UFC and the UFC had more than two stars.

Wish the fight was 5 rounds.

Those 2 had some magic together for sure. Plus Kimbo was on the card. WME never wouldve cut Kimbo.

TUF Heavyweights was a big deal, their rivalry was built well on the show. Everyone was watching it because of Kimbo so they were dialed in on the back and forth between the coaches as well.

TUF was still hot and Evans and Rampage were seen as top stars with KO power.

Hell, even I watched that full season of TUF and I haven't watched any since.

The fight didn't live up to the hype but the build was one of the best UFC ever had.

No one knew the hammer of doom existed until after the fight...hence it wouldnt add to buyrates haha

In hindsight, we should have seen it coming. I mean it nearly ended life on this planet as we know it.

Because we were promised a fucking fight! They hype for that match up was awesome and then the fight itself was underwhelming lol. I Remeber near the end of the fight where Rampage rocked Rashad but didn’t follow it up and he ended up losing the decision, shit was brutally disappointing lol.

Wish the fight was 5 rounds.

Those 2 had some magic together for sure. Plus Kimbo was on the card. WME never wouldve cut Kimbo.
Kimbo wasn't on the card. However he definitely elevated the buyrate by being on the TUF show.

1.- Kimbo
2.- Rampage tearing up that cardboard door

Back