How did Panda Express become so popular?

I always thought Panda Express was very low quality Chinese food you could only find at indoor malls.
But now they are out of the malls and sprouting everywhere like McDonald's.
There's literally a Panda Express in every city and every town all over America.

Do people really enjoy awfully bland Chinese food?
The problem is the amount of sugar in their food. A lot American Chinese food is overdone with it, but PE is the worst.

I hate NPR but they did a good story about an American that opened a "Chinese" restaurant in China for American expats. They were talking about putting applesauce and peanut butter in the food along with making sweet and sour sauce with ketchup. Chinese people ate there and were completely dumbfounded by the food.

It disgusted me... not just because of the ingredients but the idea that Americans have to eat food modified for the diets of utter fat asses.

Because it delivers on exactly what it promises-- delicious junk food.

If only the other aspects of our garbage modern generational culture were up to that level, there wouldn't be such a problem.

--

* (haven't eaten there in almost 4 years, just sayin)

It doesn't make you feel as bad as burger king.. And it tastes ok. Oh, best cookies in the world.

It's not great, I know.

I love Panda Express and if that offends food snobs that's your problem.

The teriyaki chicken and fried rice bowl for 7 bucks is a steal. I love it

absolutely nobody thinks they are cultured for eating Panda Express lol.

They do in white trash areas. Coincidentally, that’s where they put most Panda Express’. I bet they have one in your neck of the woods, you know, the poor fat neck of the woods.

They do in white trash areas. Coincidentally, that’s where they put most Panda Express’. I bet they have one in your neck of the woods, you know, the poor fat neck of the woods.

lol you're the one who thinks eating Panda Express makes you cultured.

Made popular by the same people who think Domino’s is good pizza.

It's strange how any franchise sticks out among the pack of westernized Chinese food. They're all the same.

Wife and I have been eating there once every few months while at the mall with the kids. Always avoided the fried rice or noodle and stuck with all steamed veggies with their sugar covered beef or chicken.

It's strange how any franchise sticks out among the pack of westernized Chinese food. They're all the same.

I can't think of any other one than Panda Express. The only other one that is somewhat similar is Sarku Japan that I know of which is Japanese.

You are retarded

Stop posting

Cheap, fast, makes people think they’re “cultured” for eating Chinese food.

I think it's the opposite. The people who eat at Chipotle or Panda don't give a shit. It just tastes good to them.

The people who worry about what's real and what's authentic and what's not are the ones who think they're more cultured than the rest.

I agree with TS. McDonald's tier food+Chinese cuisine=puke.

I don't know if it actually is or not, but I could see where people would think it's a healthier alternative to the burger and fries competitors. Subway also has the most stores despite making mediocre sandwiches.

Back