How did Last Jedi get such a high rotten tomatoes score?

I didn't like watching Yoda fight. In fact, I didn't like Yoda at all in the prequels - his lines or actions.

Jango vs Kenobi was okay though.
I didn't like his characterization at all. He comes off as aloof and lazy throughout. I realize there's a slightly ridiculous element to a Muppet lightsaber dueling. But I liked seeing what he was capable of when he was still a Jedi Master.

I didn't like his characterization at all. He comes off as aloof and lazy throughout. I realize there's a slightly ridiculous element to a Muppet lightsaber dueling. But I liked seeing what he was capable of when he was still a Jedi Master.

I didn't really want to see him fighting and flipping around. I would have liked seeing him more like Dr. Manhattan or something, just crushing enemy ships like tin cans with the force or stuff like that.

I didn't really want to see him fighting and flipping around. I would have liked seeing him more like Dr. Manhattan or something, just crushing enemy ships like tin cans with the force or stuff like that.
On that note I really enjoyed the duel between Yoda and the emperor in ROTS. Actually I thought the last act of that movie was quite well done considering how bad those prequels are. Unfortunately they fucked up the duel between Anakin and Kenobi.

On that note I really enjoyed the duel between Yoda and the emperor in ROTS. Actually I thought the last act of that movie was quite well done considering how bad those prequels are. Unfortunately they fucked up the duel between Anakin and Kenobi.

I thought it was an interesting idea to have the Emperor throwing the senate seats down at Yoda. Pretty on the nose as symbolism goes, but less on the nose than almost everything else in the prequels, so I'll give it a few points. I was just never able to get down with Yoda's Sonic the Hedgehog stuff when he was fighting. It's just not the manifestation of Yoda's powers that I wanted to see.

I think I said earlier, I didn't like the duel itself between Anakin and Kenobi, but I liked the scenes between them both before and after the combat itself.

I thought it was an interesting idea to have the Emperor throwing the senate seats down at Yoda. Pretty on the nose as symbolism goes, but less on the nose than almost everything else in the prequels, so I'll give it a few points. I was just never able to get down with Yoda's Sonic the Hedgehog stuff when he was fighting. It's just not the manifestation of Yoda's powers that I wanted to see.

I think I said earlier, I didn't like the duel itself between Anakin and Kenobi, but I liked the scenes between them both before and after the combat itself.
I like the version of Yoda we see in the animated clone wars series. Crushing starships with pure force power. The EU generally beefed up force abilities massively over time and added many distinctive force abilities. Light, dark, and neutral.

It's a shame most of that didn't carry over to the film's at all or is only mentioned in passing or in Lore.

For example it goes largely unmentioned that Windu is such a beast because he uses a style that taps into the dark side without being consumed by it. There are interesting philosophical things to play with there, but it just ended up another giant missed opportunity.

I like the version of Yoda we see in the animated clone wars series. Crushing starships with pure force power. The EU generally beefed up force abilities massively over time and added many distinctive force abilities. Light, dark, and neutral.

It's a shame most of that didn't carry over to the film's at all or is only mentioned in passing or in Lore.

For example it goes largely unmentioned that Windu is such a beast because he uses a style that taps into the dark side without being consumed by it. There are interesting philosophical things to play with there, but it just ended up another giant missed opportunity.

Yeah, that would have been good stuff to have in the movies. I haven't watched any of the series or read any of the books. The stuff you mention certainly might have turned Mace Windu into an actual character in the prequels. There were so many characters that must have had some kind of backstory or characteristics but none of that made it to the big screen... Grievous, Windu, Dooku, everyone on the Jedi council other than Yoda, Qui Gonn, etc.

Yeah, that would have been good stuff to have in the movies. I haven't watched any of the series or read any of the books. The stuff you mention certainly might have turned Mace Windu into an actual character in the prequels. There were so many characters that must have had some kind of backstory or characteristics but none of that made it to the big screen... Grievous, Windu, Dooku, everyone on the Jedi council other than Yoda, Qui Gonn, etc.
Yeah that same series shows how Grievous was created, and he's a serious threat there instead of a joke. You see him stalking and murdering a group of Jedi one by one.

The worst thing about the prequels is they had the first chance to show what an actual Jedi council looks like. And by and large they made them boring, aloof, arrogant, short sighted, and stupid.

There's more background and characterization that shows Jedi as actual human beings in the KOTOR games than in the entire series of films.

Yeah that same series shows how Grievous was created, and he's a serious threat there instead of a joke. You see him stalking and murdering a group of Jedi one by one.

The worst thing about the prequels is they had the first chance to show what an actual Jedi council looks like. And by and large they made them boring, aloof, arrogant, short sighted, and stupid.

There's more background and characterization that shows Jedi as actual human beings in the KOTOR games than in the entire series of films.

Kind of off topic but you're into superheroes if I remember right. Have you been following any of the Diversity and Comics / Marvel / Jawbreakers stuff?

One lucky shot is completely different than battling a sith lord and using advanced force powers with no explanation. Luke was atleast the son of fucking Darth Vader. Rey is no one.

Luke said he could do it before hand, he bullseyed wamprats in beggers canyon back on Tatooine

That’s my biggest gripe as well. I enjoyed TFA and I totally get it’s critisms such as playing it safe and rehashing shit. But at least we had things to look forward to and mysteries. Obi wan calling out Rey, big bad evil snoke and figuring out who the fuck he is, now after the TLJ I have nothing to look forward to.

They killed all the plot points to go forward with. Complete jackassery

To that extent? Justice League was a big budget movie too but still got bad reviews

Because it had one successful character, Wonder Woman paired up with a bunch of shitty franchises no one cares about. New Batman... Nope! New Superman... Nope! Superman hasn't been a good franchise since the 80's. They keep bringing it back and it continually fails. The Flash... hahhahahaha! Aquaman... movie is supposed to come out in the Fall still no trailer... what's there to hide? It's as if they didn't learn anything from Suicide Squad, another shit movie with shit characters no one cares about.

I fully believe that Kathleen Kennedy doesn’t care about the old school fans and hopes in the future no one remembers the OT

Sadly the new movies and the new characters are not strong enough to have that happen.

It could’ve happened but the last Jedi made short work of that.

They dropped the ball big time and Disney 100% knows that. How fucking hard was it to make Luke an old wise badass. They know they fucked up and they know a huge portion of the audience hates them for it

"My new empire" stuff was just aweful acting though.

Cinema Sins just uploaded their review (half real, half of it is tongue and cheek. They do this for all movies)

LOL @ "interesting plot points from TFA".

Me personally,

I thought TLJ was

VERY COOOL!

1508267165349596.gif

Kind of off topic but you're into superheroes if I remember right. Have you been following any of the Diversity and Comics / Marvel / Jawbreakers stuff?
Not really. I stopped seriously following anything about a decade ago.

I have heard mostly through sherdog about marvel and DC rebooting all the heroes to women and various minorities.

Back