How did Last Jedi get such a high rotten tomatoes score?

I dunno man, ROTS was at least enjoyable in parts and had a few good fights. I went in expecting to love TLJ but I couldn't find much to like. I liked how visceral the fight in Snokes' chamber was. And I liked Luke's fight at the end until they showed that he died for no reason.

The entire rest of the movie had me saying wtf or why would they do that?

Yeah, the plot holes in TLJ were massive, but I was entertained nonetheless. I still think the star wars prequels were just a massive dumpster fire. The Star Wars movie I've enjoyed the most out of all of them was actually Rogue One.

Yup. Same amount of suspension of disbelief required.

Why?

One is Luke being a pilot, which it was established that he was, and making shots that it was established he could make.

Rey is competetive with a Skywalker that has been training since birth and has taken to the dark side, which gives power even quicker. On what train of logic is the same amount of suspension of disbelief required? It took Luke years and multiple movies before he started clowning people with his light saber. It took Rey about 72 hours to go from not knowing anything about the force to picking up a saber and slicing through a roomful of praetorian guards.

Oh, wait. She trained against a rock.

kevin-hart-40-year-old-virgin-gif.gif

you seem uncharacteristically aggressive of late.
Must be my testosterone pellet therapy. I'LL FUCK ANYTHING THAT MOVES!

It's cool if we disagree on stuff, most of us are just trying to have a conversation with you.
That's a problem with Contexts.

It's hard for me to accept a real conversation about posting styles and personalities in the middle of a JEDI troll thread. I'm not saying it's impossible or inappropriate. I just hope you might be able to see that it's tough having Real Talk in the middle of:

TLJ sucks! You're condescending! U CUNT. BYE BYE. (Not necessarily in that order or even grouping.) Or, what I like, the rhetorical question. That's a good one, because it leaves me wondering how exactly to respond (even though I know I'll be damned in any case).

Because of who I am I assume people are being jokey. I play along; but no matter how rude or hostile I seem, I usually let people know I'm not shutting the door on conversation. As an example, in the SOLO thread there's yet, if you can believe it, another guy who thinks I'm rude and unfounded, and I'm like, "Hey, I'll talk to you about this when the film comes out." (I try not to take it too personally.) It's never my intent to bully people into silence or even out of their own positions, as vitriolic as I may seem.

Yes, I like challenging people's preconceptions while assuming an arch voice, but I'm not trying to act like I'm better than anyone. That's something I find challenging, determining who is therefore obligated to adjust themselves. But, still, I try to restrict that shit to the topic at hand and not get into the who-you-are aspect of communication. My PM box is open for that, but it's often the case I find people are doing it for the theater, and not really the earnestness.

contrarian
tumblr_p3hpvma9xB1sxnbdko1_500.gif

kevin-hart-40-year-old-virgin-gif.gif

Must be my testosterone pellet therapy. I'LL FUCK ANYTHING THAT MOVES!

That's a problem with Contexts.

It's hard for me to accept a real conversation about posting styles and personalities in the middle of a JEDI troll thread. I'm not saying it's impossible or inappropriate. I just hope you might be able to see that it's tough having Real Talk in the middle of:

TLJ sucks! You're condescending! U CUNT. BYE BYE. (Not necessarily in that order or even grouping.) Or, what I like, the rhetorical question. That's a good one, because it leaves me wondering how exactly to respond (even though I know I'll be damned in any case).

Because of who I am I assume people are being jokey. I play along; but no matter how rude or hostile I seem, I usually let people know I'm not shutting the door on conversation. As an example, in the SOLO thread there's yet, if you can believe it, another guy who thinks I'm rude and unfounded, and I'm like, "Hey, I'll talk to you about this when the film comes out." (I try not to take it too personally.) It's never my intent to bully people into silence or even out of their own positions, as vitriolic as I may seem.

Yes, I like challenging people's preconceptions while assuming an arch voice, but I'm not trying to act like I'm better than anyone. That's something I find challenging, determining who is therefore obligated to adjust themselves. But, still, I try to restrict that shit to the topic at hand and not get into the who-you-are aspect of communication. My PM box is open for that, but it's often the case I find people are doing it for the theater, and not really the earnestness.

tumblr_p3hpvma9xB1sxnbdko1_500.gif

I mean outside one comment that I think the movie is objectively bad, I don't think I've been rude or condescending in this thread. I can't speak for anyone else. This is sherdog people are hostile dicks about everything.

I can't say I don't relate to what you're saying overall. Lately I find myself wondering why I even come here. Most people in most sections are rather unpleasant to talk to. About anything. I'm in the middle of figuring out if the answer is a large ignore list or just leaving.

Edit: speak of the devil, it's the show ignored content button. Naw all those douches are on ignore for a reason.

Also I'd figured you knew I'm pretty much always earnest. It's my thing. I'll let everyone get back to discussing this unfortunate movie. My pm box is always open as well

I have no problem derailing this thread. There's already others, and a legit one too.

I mean outside one comment that I think the movie is objectively bad, I don't think I've been rude or condescending in this thread. I can't speak for anyone else. This is sherdog people are hostile dicks about everything.
I don't think you've been rude or condescending at all. Like I said, you're an outlier in this respect. I thought there was a chance you implied I was the one being rude and condescending, which I played towards.

I can't say I don't relate to what you're saying overall. Lately I find myself why I even come here. Most people in most sections are rather unpleasant to talk to. About anything. I'm in the middle of figuring out if the answer is a large ignore list or just leaving.
I hate to hear that, Mike. There are lots of people here worth talking to if we take the time to wade through some unpleasantness of initial misapprehension. There's a great deal of shitmongering edgelords too, but we should forgive those who know not what they do, even if they think they know what they're doing. At the bottom of it all, I know it's a mistake to be sofa king rude when we're talking about movies, even when the rudeness is intended. I try not to let it bother me, but yeah it can blister sometimes. I figure people are going through turmoil or whatever, so they take their outlets where they can. Other people, I just don't pay them any mind. I've only put a few people on ignore, mostly people whom have provided malware links. And Computer Fogie.

I'm trying to remember a good scene or moment. Can't offhand.
I thought the end fight scene between Dooku, Kenobi, Vader, and Yoda was cool. And Kenobis fight with Jango. That's all I got though.

I have no problem derailing this thread. There's already others, and a legit one too.

I don't think you've been rude or condescending at all. Like I said, you're an outlier in this respect. I thought there was a chance you implied I was the one being rude and condescending, which I played towards.

I hate to hear that, Mike. There are lots of people here worth talking to if we take the time to wade through some unpleasantness of initial misapprehension. There's a great deal of shitmongering edgelords too, but we should forgive those who know not what they do, even if they think they know what they're doing. At the bottom of it all, I know it's a mistake to be sofa king rude when we're talking about movies, even when the rudeness is intended. I try not to let it bother me, but yeah it can blister sometimes. I figure people are going through turmoil or whatever, so they take their outlets where they can. Other people, I just don't pay them any mind. I've only put a few people on ignore, mostly people whom have provided malware links. And Computer Fogie.
It generally does not get to me. But imo everywhere I go in the forums lately people are being rude assholes. Then the second I say anything back I get stupid fucking warnings about flaming or whatever. Yet those same douches then run around flaming and trolling everywhere. I dunno this place just wears me out sometimes. At that point I usually take a break, only talk through my ongoing pm conversations, or start putting every single person that pisses me off on ignore. Whatever feels most satisfying.

You've seemed kind of annoyed lately, much like myself. That's all I was alluding too, although like I said I'm sure there are valid reasons why. It's just sad to me when "fun" topics end up with people yelling at each other. Like really? Like the first Black Panther thread that was thoroughly derailed by people making racist comments. Because you know.... movie with a black cast. Must be an appropriate time for that.

Yeah, the plot holes in TLJ were massive, but I was entertained nonetheless. I still think the star wars prequels were just a massive dumpster fire. The Star Wars movie I've enjoyed the most out of all of them was actually Rogue One.
It's a real tossup between the prequels and TLJ. TLJ pisses me off because I expected a good movie. I gave up on the prequels pretty quickly.

It's a real tossup between the prequels and TLJ. TLJ pisses me off because I expected a good movie. I gave up on the prequels pretty quickly.
I think the biggest reason I hate TLJ so much is because I spent a year thinking about all the possibilities that could happen.. Could Rey be a Kenobi? Is Snoke Darth Plagueis? Expecting Luke to do some amazing shit with the new CGI an technology we have now. and all that just got completely shit on.

It's just sad to me when "fun" topics end up with people yelling at each other. Like really? Like the first Black Panther thread that was thoroughly derailed by people making racist comments. Because you know.... movie with a black cast. Must be an appropriate time for that.
I totally hear you there, but at the same time I like the heightened srsnss BECAUSE it's in such an inconsequential topic. With real issues, I tend to play a bit nicer (or not at all) because yeah these things weight heavily on someone's soul. When we're talking about nonsense like movies or whatever potato ship we'd like to be, I like when people are more histrionic.

BUT, I never enjoy when people are being flat-out rude; I usually assume they're joking until I realize what's going on, and then it can be overwhelming.

We tend to see ourselves in other people, especially when their words and actions are nebulous and mysterious. Projection is seen as a bit of a pejorative here, so I won't use that word (which, by the way, is a stupid joke because obviously I just did). A while back I asked whether you read any Haruki Murakami. I assume you haven't, since you haven't mentioned anything, but I think you might like his voice. Also, REVOLVER by Guy Ritchie.

I think the biggest reason I hate TLJ so much is because I spent a year thinking about all the possibilities that could happen.. Could Rey be a Kenobi? Is Snoke Darth Plagueis? Expecting Luke to do some amazing shit with the new CGI an technology we have now. and all that just got completely shit on.
Yeah like I said earlier itt, I was a diehard defender of TFA. Yes the plot was derivative, but they were trying to stick the landing after an entire awful trilogy. So they put in lots of fan service to get people in. But all those new characters and plot threads. They showed promise to me. I was intrigued by the questions raised in TFA and couldn't wait to see what the answers were. Then Rian came in and said you know what, that wasn't MY plot so I'm just gonna shit all over it. While I'm at it I'll retroactively shit on the character of Luke too, because star wars is for nerds.

What a douche..

I totally hear you there, but at the same time I like the heightened srsnss BECAUSE it's in such an inconsequential topic. With real issues, I tend to play a bit nicer (or not at all) because yeah these things weight heavily on someone's soul. When we're talking about nonsense like movies or whatever potato ship we'd like to be, I like when people are more histrionic.

BUT, I never enjoy when people are being flat-out rude; I usually assume they're joking until I realize what's going on, and then it can be overwhelming.

We tend to see ourselves in other people, especially when their words and actions are nebulous and mysterious. Projection is seen as a bit of a pejorative here, so I won't use that word (which, by the way, is a stupid joke because obviously I just did). A while back I asked whether you read any Haruki Murakami. I assume you haven't, since you haven't mentioned anything, but I think you might like his voice. Also, REVOLVER by Guy Ritchie.
That question got lost in a glut of sherdog. No I haven't, but I'll have to check it out. I haven't read anything new in some time and I used to be a voracious reader.

I think you could take quite a bit from NORWEGIAN WOOD and KAFKA ON THE SHORE, even though the latter is SUPER weird. THE WIND-UP BIRD CHRONICLES was my first foray, but I feel NW is the easiest digestable, apart from the ending, for a first-timer to Murakami.

No big deal, but if putting Sherdog on partial-ignore frees up some time......

everywhere I go in the forums lately people are being rude assholes. Then the second I say anything back I get stupid fucking warnings about flaming or whatever. Yet those same douches then run around flaming and trolling everywhere.

Woah woah, flaming like that is not tolerated here. One more outburst like that, and you go.

I thought the end fight scene between Dooku, Kenobi, Vader, and Yoda was cool. And Kenobis fight with Jango. That's all I got though.

I didn't like watching Yoda fight. In fact, I didn't like Yoda at all in the prequels - his lines or actions.

Jango vs Kenobi was okay though.

Back