How did Hitler make such a great military, with no money? Did he prove Money is worthless?

He stopped playing by the rules, and increasingly went unchecked.

Treaty Of Versailles? More like Treaty Of Ver Suck My Dick.

That was cleaver there.

It's a shame it's not coming back to Germany for the foreseeable future

It's kind of inverted and used against them. They are competing to who can make the biggest sacrifice to prove their ideology of multiculturalism is the correct path. Like they're trying to show us up by being progressive and still succeeding. They want to be the good guys in the history books

Same with the swedes they are incredibly arrogant and proud of how """"selfless""" they are compared to boorish and regressive Americans

Im sure there is an obvious answer to this but I thought it will make a good discussion.

I mean, Germany was fucked because of the treaty of versailles, and their military was stripped...How in the hell did he build up so fast? I would assume that he must of had money to build up that fast, where did he get it? Hell did he ever get money? Did he just decided to build up?

Also is the United States following this same strategy? Seems like Washington doesn't care about the debt, but with us having the largest military in the world....Could we really actually fall, I mean completely just become a failed state?

I mean, when you are the most powerful, who is gonna ask you for the debt?

This has been a concern of mine for a while, no country can afford to default the USA as the fallout economicly would potentially be far worse than the outcome of not getting your money.

Also the United State's first priority is to the united states. If people are starving extreme decisions will become a necessity. You'll just be blatantly taking what you want instead of covertly doing so through trade agreements and economic sanctions.

When you have a big hammer you start to see a lot of nails and once you become accustomed to violence and step over that line it's easier the next time. Everytime you cross that line it becomes easier to choose that answer until it becomes the only answer.

I wonder if all the storm troopers felt righteous patriotism as well. Right or wrong doesn't matter when you have a death star.

It's kind of inverted and used against them. They are competing to who can make the biggest sacrifice to prove their ideology of multiculturalism is the correct path. Like they're trying to show us up by being progressive and still succeeding. They want to be the good guys in the history books

Same with the swedes they are incredibly arrogant and proud of how """"selfless""" they are compared to boorish and regressive Americans

I know they've been conditioned to be ashamed of Hitler, and the extremely quick turnaround from Nazism to full blown cuckoldry is actually something to behold, but uh... you can disavow Hitler and not let barbarians completely overrun Europe at the same time. It's very strange. Unfortunately, like I said, there's no end in sight for it. Hard to decide who is absolutely fucked beyond comprehension more between Germany, Sweden, France, and the UK.

The initial army they went to war with, while impressive, was not as monstrous as it has been made out to be. The French and the Brits had an advantage in numbers and equipment (unfortunately handicapped by shitty WW1 trench warfare strategy).

It's only after they started conquering lands, pillaging resources, and defeating enemies (and seizing their equipment), that the Nazi army truly grew into a power-house.

attack-france-panzers.jpg

During the war, the Panzer tanks developed rapidly from the early models used in the Battle of France, to the more modern-looking tanks that people have come to associate with Nazi Germany.

pz3_10.jpg

Who would win, 1 Finnish guy nicknamed "White Death" filled with sisu who is hellbent on defending his country, or 500 dumbass Russian guys?

The rearmament and going around the treaty of Versaille begun much earlier than Hitler sometime in the early 20's.
Obviously, Hilter didn't really care about the treaty and openly broke it. While the Reichswehr was making secret deals with the Sowjets to get around it.

Hitler's contribution to making the Wehrmacht into the force it was in 1939 was somehow limited.
Outside of questionable method to finance it which would have probably caused Germany to collapse if not for the war effort.

The Wehrmacht was basically just an extension of the Prussian Military Virtues.
All the system like training, discipline or command structure were already available just with a bit of Fascism put into the mix.
But the Wehrmacht was still a Prussian Army at its core not really a Nazi-fighting force. That was the Waffen SS.

The same way the US went from depression to prime fedor-tier GOAT when Pearl Harbor happened. People went into super nationalism mode and our industry went off the charts

I've had this discussion with people who say that American hubris is a huge danger and that nationalism is a cancer for the uneducated or unenlightened who can't see past imaginary borders etc.

But we're a tribal species and we turn it up to 11 when it's our tribe vs theirs
the reason the US went fedor-tier GOAT was because they refused to enter the war early and profited off England with loans and the lend lease act, practically bankrupting them, England didnt payoff its WWII loan to the US until 2006
they then entered the war and took the spoils including nazis who made the nuclear and space race possible

The same way the US went from depression to prime fedor-tier GOAT when Pearl Harbor happened. People went into super nationalism mode and our industry went off the charts

I've had this discussion with people who say that American hubris is a huge danger and that nationalism is a cancer for the uneducated or unenlightened who can't see past imaginary borders etc.

But we're a tribal species and we turn it up to 11 when it's our tribe vs theirs

A lot of people forget this, there are still a lot of rough boys in the west despite all the SJW shit going on, give them a good reason and they'll come out of the woodwork and crush any opposition on earth.

Why? I said nothing wrong in this thread.

I've been watching your AV for like 10 minutes, fuck...

Who would win, 1 Finnish guy nicknamed "White Death" filled with sisu who is hellbent on defending his country, or 500 dumbass Russian guys?

I'd put my money on the 5 foot tall midget with a rifle as big as he was.

Although I must make a slight correction. Most of the poor Commie bastards who were massacred during the Winter War were not even Russians, but some sorry SOBs that Stalin had drafted from other Soviet-controlled regions in the south (such as Ukraine). They had been sold on the idea that it was literally going to be a "day's walk" through Finland, to loot and pillage whatever they wanted.

The Russians themselves were a bit more accustomed to fighting in the winter, than their southern "comrades", as they showed against Nazi Germany. One could say that it was a stroke of incredible luck that when Nazi Germany had the Soviets on the ropes, the coldest winter of the entire century struck and the battle for Moscow was conducted, at times, under a temperature of –49 °F (or –45 °C for Europeans).

What I think is craziest about Hitler's rise is that he built an entirely new national identity and had everyone full force behind it

Like he made new flags, new uniforms, new salutes etc. if you were to visualize "German nationalism and strength" within 5 years it was completely new imagery. It wasn't even just a thing of changing a flag, and behaving the same, he had people proud of their aryan heritage. They went from the Weimar Republic praising sexual liberation and indulgence to fascism where everyone took pride in strength and power

The timeframe he did it in is incredible

He was an evil monster but he was damn good at what he did

Im sure there is an obvious answer to this but I thought it will make a good discussion.

I mean, Germany was fucked because of the treaty of versailles, and their military was stripped...How in the hell did he build up so fast? I would assume that he must of had money to build up that fast, where did he get it? Hell did he ever get money? Did he just decided to build up?

Also is the United States following this same strategy? Seems like Washington doesn't care about the debt, but with us having the largest military in the world....Could we really actually fall, I mean completely just become a failed state?

I mean, when you are the most powerful, who is gonna ask you for the debt?

I actually believe TS is Obama based on join date.

Well played TS...

I think he just printed out his own money. And he repressed the Jews. At the time I believe they controlled most of the wealth in the country. So by repressing them, Hitler freed up a lot of wealth. And he probably took a lot from them too.

what a lot of Nazis are saying is that it's because he got rid of the "Jewish" gold standard
I mean I don't know if that's true but it's what a lot of white supremacists are telling me

What I think is craziest about Hitler's rise is that he built an entirely new national identity and had everyone full force behind it

Like he made new flags, new uniforms, new salutes etc. if you were to visualize "German nationalism and strength" within 5 years it was completely new imagery. It wasn't even just a thing of changing a flag, and behaving the same, he had people proud of their aryan heritage. They went from the Weimar Republic praising sexual liberation and indulgence to fascism where everyone took pride in strength and power

The timeframe he did it in is incredible

He was an evil monster but he was damn good at what he did

The ground-work for "German esotericism", including the mythology, the symbolism, the Aryan identity, had been laid down for several decades though, even long prior to Hitler. I suppose it did require a Hitler (and to an extent, a Weimar Republic) to allow it to rise into "mainstream" consciousness, though.

He was someone who could speak with the voice of the common man, who at that time would've been a worn-down veteran of a lost war, seeing his national identity crumbling into pieces, likely unemployed (or working a low-wage) and his family suffering from the effects of extreme inflation. That is who his speeches were directed to. For a modern man, it is difficult to put themselves in that scenario, but we are talking about men who had been gassed in the trenches, men who had most likely killed already without remorse, who had fought for a cause and lost.

It was a different time, which is why I scoff at any serious comparisons between modern "nationalism" (a.k.a pragmatic conservatism) and Nazism.

the reason the US went fedor-tier GOAT was because they refused to enter the war early and profited off England with loans and the lend lease act, practically bankrupting them, England didnt payoff its WWII loan to the US until 2006
they then entered the war and took the spoils including nazis who made the nuclear and space race possible

In preparation for the war we were able to muster up and and build an air force of 1700 planes, by the end we made 300,000. Naval ships that took a month to build, were being pumped out in a day. We went from having trouble getting food to our citizens to almost doubling our GDP in 6 years.

We did do the lend lease act but eventually we were just giving them shit, because they couldn't afford to pay it

In 1990 dollars our GDP went from 839 billion to 1474 during the war. The lend lease act can't account for that

i think our treatment of russian expansion and behavior would be more apples to apples
accounting for times? i don't think so
russia taking part of the ukraine largely effects nothing, especially with no signs they're going to progress further into eastern europe

germany was clearly being ultra aggressive, and basically got mad props at that moment for merely calming down for a bit before invading poland
two of these three situations involve large parts of the public burying their head in the sand despite clear and substantial evidence to the contrary. Russia right now isn't one of them...

accounting for times? i don't think so
russia taking part of the ukraine largely effects nothing, especially with no signs they're going to progress further into eastern europe

germany was clearly being ultra aggressive, and basically got mad props at that moment for merely calming down for a bit before invading poland
two of these three situations involve large parts of the public burying their head in the sand despite clear and substantial evidence to the contrary. Russia right now isn't one of them...

I reckon Britain and France counted on USSR to counter any German aggression. The Nazi-Soviet pact and the subsequent invasion of Poland likely blind-sided the Western countries. When Western Europe declared war on Germany, the prevailing idea was to stall the German army until the Soviets would break the pact and find an opportune moment to march into Germany. In theory, the strategy was sound, but in practise, it failed miserably.

There had been no precedent set to France falling in just two weeks. They had a numbers and equipment advantage, and the "Maginot line" had been designed to hold for years, in the same manner as France had held throughout World War I. The two societies had obviously went into a very different direction by the time World War II came about.

France still relied on old World War I era fighting men to get the job done, while Germany had cultivated a new generation of military-minded men, with fresher ideas on how to conduct warfare.

Truth is that France could've stopped Hitler's budding army in 1939, before it truly grew into the monster that it became, if the public had not, as you said, buried their heads in the sand. Being anti-war is okay, but it becomes a counter-productive ideology when you're neighboured by a war hawk who sees your anti-war protests for a display of weakness.

He had a good minister of finance and germany had lots of factories and skilled labor.
Any government can print as much money as they want to pay for these services, what matters is if it will bring something in return, if it doesn't they end up like venezuela.
Maduro gives people a lot of bolivars, they can't buy anything with these bolivars because there is nothing to buy(the country is not producing enough), you need millions of bolivars to buy a piece of bread.

Also he had a great minister of finances.

The soviet union was even more incredible, stalin had a rural communist economy and he industrialized it very quickly. In 1920 most of the population worked with horses and sickles at some small farm, in 1950~ they were launching satellites.

nazi germany had allies. some in south america, eastern europe, italy, and later japan of course. how much they were trading....idk.

ever since otto von bismark germany became the industrial powerhouse of the world, though. germany's infrastructure was not destroyed during ww1....on the contrary, they literally turned their country into a giant munitions factory. all hitler did was fire the factories back up and start printing money to pay the workers. then he started taking people's shit all over europe.
Germany was NEVER the industrial powerhouse of the world. Hell, they werent even the industrial powerhouse of EUROPE. At any point. As a german soldier, you mostly walked your ass around Europe.

Infusing people with nationalism empowers them and gives them the capability of kicking the shit out of multiple people by themselves
Didn't help the Kuomintang when they got routed by the CPC.

Back