How did Fedor survive this?

{<jordan}
Fedor fans and their delusion lol

The point is, me good man, that all fighters get old and will suck. We must only take into account the prime years. Andy and Jones got busted = disqualified from GOAT status. In Fedor's prime, UFC was bush league central. 10 fucking years undefeated, beat the best of the best - even many UFC champs - and won more fights in a row than GSP won in his whole career. Now, add in the fact that he is a chubby welterweight, nearly smaller than GSP and slayed giants, and the proof is in le pudding. I really do not see how there can be any counter argument to this: GSP got KO'd by Serra for crying out loud and lost to fw BJ in most people's minds.

hyde-laughing-o.gif
HAHAHAHA! I didn’t proofread my post and didn’t read it until I saw this. Not even stoned. I have no excuse. Cellphone, autocorrect and typing too fast without reading.

HAHAHAHA! I didn’t proofread my post and didn’t read it until I saw this. Not even stoned. I have no excuse. Cellphone, autocorrect and typing too fast without reading.

It was also a combination of Asians acting silly, which they apparently love to do.

The point is, me good man, that all fighters get old and will suck. We must only take into account the prime years. Andy and Jones got busted = disqualified from GOAT status. In Fedor's prime, UFC was bush league central. 10 fucking years undefeated, beat the best of the best - even many UFC champs - and won more fights in a row than GSP won in his whole career. Now, add in the fact that he is a chubby welterweight, nearly smaller than GSP and slayed giants, and the proof is in le pudding. I really do not see how there can be any counter argument tis: GSP got KO'd by Serra for crying out loud and lost to fw BJ in most people's minds.

10 years defeated? Does feeding on cans supposed to be a great achievement? Yeah, he fought great fighters and beat them, but at the time, he padded his record fighting bums who had no business fighting him.

Yeah Yeah, your fav fighter is immediately out of his prime whenever he starts losing. Fedor was just entered into his 30 when he got his ass beat by Silva, Werdum and Hendo. Fanboys always argue the reason he declined so early in his career is due to the fact he had been fighting forever which is partially true. Every fighter slows down after 10 years of fighting and training. But that's not the major reason for his downfall.

It's simple. He lost what made him special. He was versatile than everyone else, and on top of that, he was a good athlete. However, he seized to develop his skills and couldn't catch up with the changing environment. While he was stuck in the past, training in the same way he did for last decade, everyone else adapted to the new sport and filled the holes in their game. By the time he turned 30, he was slower than he once was and his outdated skillset was no longer a difficult problem to be solved.

Fedor was a great fighter and I give him due credit as the first person to providing a blueprint of a well-rounded fighter.
However, what makes fighters truly great and the reason why I see guys like GSP or even DC better than him is the fact they were beating younger guys, in spite of their physical deterioration. They proved that they can fill the gap by being more skilful than others which Fedor failed to do.

It was also a combination of Asians acting silly, which they apparently love to do.
Search “Infinite Challenge Fedor” for a good silly Korean time. Arm bars, boxing all fun.

<bball1>
Fedor-Fujita-3.gif

emelianenko_vs_fujita_display_image_display_image.jpg

10 years defeated? Does feeding on cans supposed to be a great achievement? Yeah, he fought great fighters and beat them, but at the time, he padded his record fighting bums who had no business fighting him.

Yeah Yeah, your fav fighter is immediately out of his prime whenever he starts losing. Fedor was just entered into his 30 when he got his ass beat by Silva, Werdum and Hendo. Fanboys always argue the reason he declined so early in his career is due to the fact he had been fighting forever which is partially true. Every fighter slows down after 10 years of fighting and training. But that's not the major reason for his downfall.

It's simple. He lost what made him special. He was versatile than everyone else, and on top of that, he was a good athlete. However, he seized to develop his skills and couldn't catch up with the changing environment. While he was stuck in the past, training in the same way he did for last decade, everyone else adapted to the new sport and filled the holes in their game. By the time he turned 30, he was slower than he once was and his outdated skillset was no longer a difficult problem to be solved.

Fedor was a great fighter and I give him due credit as the first person to providing a blueprint of a well-rounded fighter.
However, what makes fighters truly great and the reason why I see guys like GSP or even DC better than him is the fact they were beating younger guys, in spite of their physical deterioration. They proved that they can fill the gap by being more skilful than others which Fedor failed to do.

stopped here. stipe is one of my favorite fighters and has fought at least 10 cans.

that suplex would kill 100% of current UFC champs.

<DisgustingHHH>

It's like taking a bump in pro wrestling.

Killed. Shmilled.

He's a boss for being able to keep his composure through it, no doubt, but it's judo/sambo 101. Is normal.

i have never seen someone suplexed with this much force in mma.fak man its still insane watching it after all these years.think randleman tried to kill him lol.dat could have been horrible, definitely career ending injury for someone without judo background n knowing how to minimize impact on the way down

I think Stipe is just as durable. Fedor got wobbled by Fujita, he was on the smaller side of HW

Mitrione got hit in the shoulder with most of the punch he confirmed it post fight on an interview,and watching that gif u can see the impact on Matt's upper peck or collarbone area it puts him down but not really rocked.

Meathead said he was terrified to stand and bang after that he put everything into getting on him and finishing....

Honestly hope for a rematch.

Although he said it hit the shoulder in interviews that is only because he was told that is what happened in someone elses opinion. When he was speaking to a group of guys backstage immediately after the fight (Schaub may have been there ??) he was saying he couldn't remeber anything and didn't even know he hit the deck... sounds like the punch hit more than a shoulder to me.

- The best part about posts like this is how contradictory they are: "Fedor fought cans". For the millionth time: PRIDE HAD THE BETTER HEAVYWEIGHT DIVISION DURING FEDORS PRIME. Ok, then why is he 7-1 against UFC Heavyweight Champions? That doesn't include; Cro Cop, Hunt, Arona, Babalu, Herring, Lindland, Goodridge. All of those guys fought for either a PRIDE Championship or UFC Championship belt. That's 15 fights right there in an 8 year span. Sure, he fought some freak-shows like Hong Man Choi and Zulu, but people act like he padded his record with frauds. The guy had a few fights like that, who cares? If it bothers you that much...don't count them?

- Also, it took him 30+ fights to finally lose. Also not to make excuses, he fought a roided Bigfoot, TRT Hendo, and was submitted by an ATG HW in Werdum. It's not about age, but about mileage more so.

- I agree though, he did lose what made him great and that was his athleticism. The Heavyweight division has not evolved at all really. Guys like Hunt, Werdum, Overeem, and Arlovski are still in the top 10 and they are old. Guys like Blaydes and Ngannou are 1 dimensional and title contenders. Stipe and Cain are the only "evolved" guys really.

Back