How did Fedor survive this?

people forget that Fedor was an accomplished judoka and a very accomplished sambist. he said in an interview that they train being thrown all the time. just years of practice turned into instinct.

87q84.gif

20+Fedor+Emelianenko+vs+Kevin+Randleman_xvid.gif

tumblr_na1y2fsmrI1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

and a minute later
9vuQeaf.gif

hHJzu8Q.gif

Just like how Bigfoot survived this.
8d95ddf9f0c2762541fa9fa064494cee--draw.jpg

It amazes me you are so dumb to disagree when it is in film right there....
Then again, haters disagree with reality. Only you are so fucking dumb, you speak your disagreement (with facts) out loud.

The reason Fedor fell like he did was because he obviously got more badly rocked than Mitrione. Look at the clip and how their bodies react to each other's punches. Mitrione doesn't even really fall flat on his back while Fedor looks like he got flash KO'd. Sick moment though.

The reason Fedor fell like he did was because he obviously got more badly rocked than Mitrione. Look at the clip and how their bodies react to each other's punches. Mitrione doesn't even really fall flat on his back while Fedor looks like he got flash KO'd. Sick moment though.
Nah.
When they fall, both are looking at each other. Mitrione fell backwards (on his ass) while fedor fell straight over his leg, reason why he goes to his back.
Look at his head though. he is looking at Mitrione, and not as you would expect of a guy who got KO'd (his head would bounce back not stay up).

You gotta give it to Mitrione.
He is super fast for a big guy, which is why (I think) surprised Fedor both in the punch, and how fast Matt got up and got on top of him.

I felt for Fedor, but at the end of the day, I don't think anyone expected him to become as dominant as he was in Pride.

Fedor tucked his head and took all of the impact across both shoulders (like pro-wrestlers do when they get suplexed). Ironically, (IMO) if Kevin had angled the suplex slightly - and landed directly on one of Fedor's shoulders - I think there could have been a fight-ending dislocation.

You always see these "Fedor is awesome for taking this suplex and winning" threads. How come no one asks, "How could such a great fighter like Fedor give up a standing waist-lock to a past-his-prime, occasionally motivated light-heavy weight (so early in the fight)?" That was just as bizarre as the suplex itself.

Jarl

Luckily he landed on his upper back/shoulders rather than his head. In his post fight or some interview afterward, he credited sambo training basically teaching him 'how to land' without smacking your skull off the ground. Pretty impressive.

Nah.
When they fall, both are looking at each other. Mitrione fell backwards (on his ass) while fedor fell straight over his leg, reason why he goes to his back.
Look at his head though. he is looking at Mitrione, and not as you would expect of a guy who got KO'd (his head would bounce back not stay up).

You gotta give it to Mitrione.
He is super fast for a big guy, which is why (I think) surprised Fedor both in the punch, and how fast Matt got up and got on top of him.

I felt for Fedor, but at the end of the day, I don't think anyone expected him to become as dominant as he was in Pride.

Mitrione would've fallen basically the same way if he hadnt instantly put his arm out to support himself, something Fedor didnt do. Mitrione was way more in it than Fedor, just look at how they move for christ's sake. They fall at very similar angles, almost mirroing each other except Mitrione reacts much quicker.

He survives that, but not this...

tumblr_os3423wJ1a1rofocqo1_540.gif

His fans essentially link the two when they claim he is a terrible fighter now because of the mileage. They are probably right. Also, Mitrione hits really damn hard and has decent hand speed. He's not elite, but I think he's underrated.

Back