How did Conor affect Nates Legacy?

His legacy is to casuals being the only other mma fighter in the world aside from conor.

Otherwise to fans of the sport we already forgot him.

Without Conor, I see Nate as fringe top 10 LW, top 5 back in his day (when he fought Cerrone and Bendo). He is action prone and tough, but useless against the real elite guys who can mix it up.

Conor boosted his legacy immensely imo. Now people actually act like he’s elite.

If Conor never fought Nate, how do you describe Nate’s career?
The fight made him a "needle mover"

I think to a casual or fairly new comer to MMA they really didn't notice him until he beat Conor. For the JBG and I think more hardcore, they was already knew how tough he is and was a draw. He is the all time fight bonuses leader for a reason....! Plus a couple less wrestlefuckings and he would have a better record than he does.

nick and nate will be remembered far more for their antics than anything else.

I would rate Nate about number 15 in Lightweight history as besides McGregor his biggest win is Cerrone.

Better than how Nate effected Conor's Legacy.....

His legacy is to casuals being the only other mma fighter in the world aside from conor.

Otherwise to fans of the sport we already forgot him.
I also love how Conor fans call others "casuals"........ and the sport will "Forget" about Conor as well, if he doesn't sack up and fight.....

The only reason anyone would even talk about Nate's "legacy" is because he beat Conor

Other than that one win he's just been a solid top 10 LW who wins some and loses some

Remember how bad Thomson and Benson smashed him? That's not to say he isn't good, just that usually a guy like that isn't someone with "legacy" considerations

Conor turned him into a 300 pound man and the most elite fighter in combat sports (besides Conor of course).
Comprehensive list of Nate Diaz’s attributes from the perspective of a Conor fan

• Best chin in the history of combat sports/or life
  • Better cardio than any thiathlete in the history of endurance sports
  • Jiu-Jitsu that makes Damien Maia look like Melvin Guillard after he’s been rocked
  • Boxing that would give GGG and prime Mayweather a run for their money on any given night
  • Jon Jones level reach
  • The strength in the clinch of healthy Cain Velasquez
What am I missing?

At $40k/40k + $50K bonus it would have taken about 115 fights to equal what he made in 2 with Conor... so it did a lot for him.

Comprehensive list of Nate Diaz’s attributes from the perspective of a Conor fan

• Best chin in the history of combat sports/or life
  • Better cardio than any thiathlete in the history of endurance sports
  • Jiu-Jitsu that makes Damien Maia look like Melvin Guillard after he’s been rocked
  • Boxing that would give GGG and prime Mayweather a run for their money on any given night
  • Jon Jones level reach
  • The strength in the clinch of healthy Cain Velasquez
What am I missing?

Weight 510lbs (approx).

Back