How dependent are you on your phone?

Sakuraba is #1

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Do you think that you could you live without a mobile phone? If not, which function or app on your phone do you use the most?

I for sure cannot. I rely on my phone way too much. I use it for pretty much everything ranging from making calls, texting, watching YouTube/movies, listening to music/podcasts, emails, browse the web, navigation, notes, taking pictures, recording videos, playing games, paying bills, using apps like Uber, Expedia, Facebook, ESPN, Moviepass, etc. I use my phone, more like a pocket computer, more than any other electronic device I own.

I spend way too much time on this site and a few others.

As much as I don't like to admit it, I'm very dependent. I don't have to fill every free second of my time by staring at it, but functionally I use it a lot for all of my communication, GPS, Uber, and mobile banking. The dating apps are kinda necessary at this stage in my life as well and they're mostly mobile apps. Reddit is my #1 time killer app. I'd be sad if I didn't have that.

More than I would care to admit but way less than you

I only use my phone to make or receive phone calls and often don't touch it for a week.

Not the phone but the internet in general. I have an insane addiction to comment sections on websites. Just terrible sites too, yahoo, dailymail, abovetopsecret, sherdog, breitbart, screenrant. The loonier the better.

It’s like watching a 59 car pile up where everyone is on fire and yelling about muh libruhs. Love it.

My gf calls me on it when she finishes work. My mate texts me when he's on his way round to watch the football. I call my parents to ask how they're doing every month or two.

It's practically an ornament, and that will never change.

Ill forget to pay my bills and then realize my phone hasnt been on for 6 months.

for work : extremely dependent. my job depends on me being accessible, and the phone allows me to be. also use it for emails, calendar, and for internet searches.

personal use : not at all. i have a personal smart phone that's about 7 years old, falling apart, doesn't keep a charge. haven't replaced it since i see no point and can't justify the cost.

I'm Sherdogging on my phone right now!

This thread is relevant to my interests.

The answer is, "very".

I woke up this morning to find that when I plugged in my dead phone last night it never started charging and was still dead. I couldn't get it to charge for a while and started thinking about how I wouldn't be able to text my girl today, wouldn't be able to listen to my music in the car on the way to work, wouldn't be able to check my emails before I got to the office, etc and started getting pissed off. I was even gonna skip the gym after work just so I could go straight to the store to hopefully get my phone fixed or buy a new one and I was pissed about that too.

I eventually got it to charge and everything was fine, but I feel stupid about how badly the thought of not having a phone for a day affected me.

Gotta work on that.

Not at all, my regular phone isn't even a smart phone (work phone is).

Not dependent at all since I spend most of my work day on the computer and with a phone. I still use my computer at home too. Not a big fan of surfing sites on the phone.

I use it to fill the void that alcoholism and crippling depression left inside me.

A lot

I think worse is the time I don't wear watches and when my battery dies i hate it

I don’t even have a phone. No cell phone or landline. I live bruh.

But we did survive years before mobile phones but I Couldnt imagine it without

Back