How Conor dropped Paulie - Head Steering: Elite Technique Breakdown (gifs/vids)

Pause it and use the "." and "," keys on your keyboard to go frame-by-fram. Conor throws the left which Paulie slips, Conor keeps the left on Paulie's neck/head and pulls him down while Paulie is off-balance. It's even more clear on the second angle in the video.

The official starts to say, "no knockdown" before it's cut off.

They want it to be a knockdown so bad lol. Anyone with a brain could see it's no lnockdown

I hope Floyd buys some like 4 million dollar super car, then brings a child size one on stage for Conor. That would be some boss shit right there. Then tell Conor he'll lease it to him.

Why are people so uncomfortable with admitting that Conor knocked the guy down? I just don't get it. First they said it was a push (parroting Paula). Now they're claiming the hand on the back of the head was the catalyst.

The ref was about to call a no knockdown.

Why is Paulie pretending he doesn't know what head control is? It's a legit aspect of boxing that you must learn.

#barryrobinson
#amsb
#amillionstlyesboxing
#controlisfun

Are you allowed to control your opponent's head with your glove in pro boxing?

Legitimate question.

Paulie's own momentum combined with Conor holding the back of his head, made him go off balance and fall.

I agree, but I'll add that they both looked pretty sloppy. I'm sure fatigue played into the fall just as much as any other factors. There were punches and a lot of more other things going on when Paulie went down.

Legitimate question.
I think blatant holding of the head isn't allowed but learning how to use it effectively and get away with as much as you can is the name of the game

They want it to be a knockdown so bad lol. Anyone with a brain could see it's no lnockdown

Anyone with a brain knows it's a knock down.

Just because your off balance when you get hit, does not discount the knock down, in a real boxing bout he would be given a standing 8 unless some shady back door dealings were going on.

Legitimate question.

No, but boxing follows the "protect yourself at all time", basically dirty play is legal unless your ineffective with it.

Anyone with a brain knows it's a knock down.

Just because your off balance when you get hit, does not discount the knock down, in a real boxing bout he would be given a standing 8 unless some shady back door dealings were going on.

LOL keep telling yourself that. If you say enough maybe other people with as much knowledge as you will believe it,

I've been around the boxing ring since 1984… I myself have over 80 amateur fights… Probably watched perhaps over 500 flights in my lifetime… No kidding no joke no lie..... looking at the footage if I was reffing the fight I would pick Pauly up grab both of his gloves by the wrist brush them off on my chest give a warning to MacGregor for pushing down with the forearm and signal both fighters with the verbal command "box"

Well, I've been around the boxing ring since 1983… I myself have over 81 amateur fights… Probably watched perhaps over 501 fights in my lifetime… No kidding much joke no lie..... looking at the footage if I was reffing the fight I would pick Pauly up grab both of his nuts by the wrist brush them off on my forehead give a warning to MacGregor for busting a nut with the forearm and signal both fighters with the verbal command "Get da fuck up Paulie...you're embarrassing yourself you fat fuck."

Principles birth techniques. Where the head goes the body follows.

Sometimes referred to as a "frame" in MMA & Thai boxing.

Sometimes referred to as "sticky punching" in boxing.

ImpoliteAggressiveGyrfalcon.gif

This is not a dig at your excellent post OP but Connor Whateverhisnameis is such a pretentious tool and can't even get his vernacular straight. I've never heard it referred to as "sticky punching" but rather "roughhousing" or "dirty boxing". The thing in the gif is called a "forearm-crush". When he keeps distance with the elbow it's really a small variation of the forearm-crush but usually referred to as an "elbow block". Pulling the head is simply "head pull/head drag" or "neck clinch" when the opponent is upright.

I know it's extremely petty but it irritates me. Great post though.

To add something of substance to my moaning here's Joe Cortez himself explaining the grey area of the forearm-crush and elbow block:

Why are people so uncomfortable with admitting that Conor knocked the guy down? I just don't get it. First they said it was a push (parroting Paula). Now they're claiming the hand on the back of the head was the catalyst.

They admitted it at first, but then they recanted because Paulie twisted shit and they latched back on.

Not even a 1% chance it was a push down.

Too much BS talk for putting your head where I want it to punch you.

Shit is as old as time.

Except as opposed to your Mosley gif, the frame is ontop of Paulies head pushing him down. Also the punch thrown after the frame by Conor is more of an afterthought as Paulie was already failing because it's a short hook with his lead hand instead of a setup to a big power right from the conventional stance like Floyd threw.

This would not be scored as a knockdown in a pro boxing match. Hence Cortez's quick interjection. Push down behind the head.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Blantant foul

http://boxrec.com/media/index.php/Rules_of_Boxing
-You can't hold your opponent and hit him at the same time, or duck so low that your head is below your opponent's belt line.

-If you score a knockdown of your opponent, you must go to the farthest neutral corner while the referee makes the count. (wasnt a KD)

-Pushing (moderate/foul): This is exactly what is says. Pushing your opponent is not allowed. This is indicated by the official with a pushing motion.

aMkYeE4.png

Last edited:
Watch and judge the footage for what it is
/thread. Caught some punches and a straight left put him on the mat.
gravity put em on the mat as his body was already falling down from the force of the form coming from a greater

^Ruled a knockdown. Conor's knockdown was much better than that a headshot or a punch caused balance and stability I'm talking and I'm not down in the Conner situation here

Well, I've been around the boxing ring since 1983… I myself have over 81 amateur fights… Probably watched perhaps over 501 fights in my lifetime… No kidding much joke no lie..... looking at the footage if I was reffing the fight I would pick Pauly up grab both of his nuts by the wrist brush them off on my forehead give a warning to MacGregor for busting a nut with the forearm and signal both fighters with the verbal command "Get da fuck up Paulie...you're embarrassing yourself you fat fuck."
hahahaha you da man I love it!

Back