How Conor dropped Paulie - Head Steering: Elite Technique Breakdown (gifs/vids)

Son Peyote

★★★★★★★★
@Brown
Reaction score
Principles birth techniques. Where the head goes the body follows.

Sometimes referred to as a "frame" in MMA & Thai boxing.

Sometimes referred to as "sticky punching" in boxing.

ImpoliteAggressiveGyrfalcon.gif

Here's a clear look in the breakdown by Lee Wylie: Timestamped @ 4:31 & 9:40

Top 10 dead or alive boxer Willie Pep

No need for all that. Paula got clocked and fell down as a result of being punched. That's it.

Put this shit in the May/Mac clown show sub where it belongs.

Paulie's own momentum combined with Conor holding the back of his head, made him go off balance and fall.

Good effort, but that's not Pauli's normal stance and he was unfit to go that many rounds.

Enough hits to the head will drop anybody, from exhaustion or otherwise.

Fuck, you are too rational for Sherdog.

Why are people so uncomfortable with admitting that Conor knocked the guy down? I just don't get it. First they said it was a push (parroting Paula). Now they're claiming the hand on the back of the head was the catalyst.

No need for all that. Paula got clocked and fell down as a result of being punched. That's it.

Pause it and use the "." and "," keys on your keyboard to go frame-by-fram. Conor throws the left which Paulie slips, Conor keeps the left on Paulie's neck/head and pulls him down while Paulie is off-balance. It's even more clear on the second angle in the video.

The official starts to say, "no knockdown" before it's cut off.

He was clearly already falling down due to terrible positioning. If Dana and Conor weren't such chickenshits, they would show the 10 seconds after the "knockdown" and let us see if the ref, Paulie or Conor even acknowledged it as a knockdown. My guess is no.

Why are people so uncomfortable with admitting that Conor knocked the guy down? I just don't get it. First they said it was a push (parroting Paula). Now they're claiming the hand on the back of the head was the catalyst.
I've been around the boxing ring since 1984… I myself have over 80 amateur fights… Probably watched perhaps over 500 flights in my lifetime… No kidding no joke no lie..... looking at the footage if I was reffing the fight I would pick Pauly up grab both of his gloves by the wrist brush them off on my chest give a warning to MacGregor for pushing down with the forearm and signal both fighters with the verbal command "box"

/thread. Caught some punches and a straight left put him on the mat.

Great post.

Hope Conor does that to Floyd....it's an ugly shitty technique.

Ref didnt' even say it was a knockdown

Sherdog gave all you Conor fanboys your own special little corner to play in yet you still feel the need to post this shit here. Again. Why is that?

Last edited:
It wasn't a knockdown. It was the result of Paulie taking a swing and losing balance creating momentum to his left along with Conors right rand pushing on the back of his head caused Paulie to fall. I will say this though. Conor was lighting Paulie up and Paulie was clearly dazed. If there's no headgear and 8-10 OZ gloves, Paulie gets laid out there.

Because Paulie was telling the truth. It was actually a push from behind the head while he was off balance from throwing a punch.

The selective footage means dick. Paulie already admitted that he gassed in the last two rounds and got popped a few times. Dude came into Conor's camp out of shape because he's retired, and he was sparring while jetlagged.

Unless they release all of the footage, you can't make any determinations about what actually happened.

That said. This is great promotion for the fight, which had actually been suffering from waning interest in the past couple of weeks.

fuck this shit, it is what it is. WAR CMG!

Maybe Conor should've called out Paulie instead? Paulie ain't Floyd...

Back