How common are knock outs in amateur fights?

I think the scoring in Amateur boxing (which they just changed like a month ago) resulted in guys not really going for hard punched. It was all about points. Didn't matter how hard you hit.

It should be interesting to see if amateur boxing gets back to what it was under this new system.

Courage Tshabalala says they are really common...Lol:icon_lol:

The standing 8 count was very frustrating for me. Land any decent shot and the guy will get time to recover which makes it harder to knock him out.

This. Every time people get rocked or their knees buckle (they don't even have to hit the floor) the referee jumps straight in. Not to mention the "eight" count usually lasts like twenty seconds...

It should be interesting to see if amateur boxing gets back to what it was under this new system.

What do you mean? Last time I checked there back in November, there wasn't any major changes to the AIBA rule book...

What do you mean? Last time I checked there back in November, there wasn't any major changes to the AIBA rule book...

I can't find the article but they are moving away from the computer scoring which was the major cause of amateur boxing becoming so (for lack of better words) gay to watch.

Actually are not so frequent , mostly stoppages, some time ago with 3 minutes rounds and no head protectors knock outs was very usual in amateurs

Back