How come Tyron Woodley isn’t a bigger star than Khabib. Tyron is a much better version of Khabib.

Tyron is a sound cloud rapper, people don't like sound cloud rappers.

How do you define a big star in MMA?
Woodley is on the Fox UFC panel isn't he?

Having fights which have sucked against Wonderboy and Maia haven't helped his PPV buys but that's not all there is to being a big star is it.

Tryon isn't any version of Khabib at all. They aren't similar in any way. One of Tyron's defenses is the fewest strikes ever thrown in a 5 round fight, another was a draw and another a was uneventful UD and he won a SD to get his title shot. I like Tyron most of the time and his last fight a fight to get the title were great performances, but he's put on a lot of stinkers.

Uh no hes not. Khabib has everything on twood else than power. Twood was saying it himself, he didnt want khabib wished on him, he wanted none of it.

One word "Religion"...if Tyron was muslim he would have a lot more fans. Lets face it, most of Khabib's fans follow him because they are also muslim, the remaining fans are Conor haters lol Khabib may have all these fans yet his last PPV vs Iaquinta only did 350k buys

Other than the fact that they're predominantly grapplers, how exactly are they similar?

Also Tyron turned a lot of fans off with the way he was carrying himself up until the Till fight. Would be acceptable for a college kid, not a badass cage fighter. Of course these are merely our opinions, I'm just shining light into the mind of the fan.

Tyron is a gameplanner. He has a world of abilitty and talent, but he fights specific to his opponent .Sometimes with Maia or Thompson it's a goddamn disaster. Then you have someone green and nervous like Till and they make him look like a god.

Khabib has one gameplan pretty much for everyone and no one can stop him. If he can't keep you down and stop you he will outstrike you

Uh no hes not. Khabib has everything on twood else than power. Twood was saying it himself, he didnt want khabib wished on him, he wanted none of it.
Thats just praising him, he'd take that fight in a heartbeat. Remember when DC said he wanted no part of Ngannou when he was KO'ing everyone? I bet he laughs at that statement now

Just like the title says. How come Tyron is t such a big star like Khabib? In my opinion Tyron should be a bigger star.

What Woodley has done is super impressive. Every time it gets more impressive. Making blueprints on how to beat all the top guys. Woodley needs a villain to set him up over top. GSP is avoiding the legacy fight, and so is the UFC. That’s the fight I want to see.

It's because of the white supremacy in this country that wont allow black athletes to get famous...let's just ignore Jon Jones and Anderson Silvas wild popularity. It's not because he's boring and not personable...its because of white supremacy bro

What Woodley has done is super impressive. Every time it gets more impressive. Making blueprints on how to beat all the top guys. Woodley needs a villain to set him up over top. GSP is avoiding the legacy fight, and so is the UFC. That’s the fight I want to see.

Can you give me some examples on how woodley made blueprints?

If you think about all the most popular UFC fighters, they had some type of gimmick unrelated to their fighting. For instance, Chuck Liddell had the mohawk with his iceman shorts, Rampage with the chain and his howling, Cody Garbrant with his tattoos, Conor with his Ireland pride and trash talking, Khabib with Russian pride, bad english trash talking. Then we have Tyron... he’s just an American LOL. Really forgettable if you think about it
<{pranko}>
Turon should walk in like Mr T

McGregor fan boys

giphy.gif

International crowds can bring hype.

But in this case, khabib got to showcase against the biggest star in the history of the sport, he wasn't nearly as popular before

I think Tyron should definitely be the bigger star. Are we sure that he’s not though? Has Khabib pulled any PPVs numbers pre-Conor? Does anyone know his name? Not being a dick. Serious question.

Back