How come there hasn’t been any NEW marshal arts?????

Bro I do Krav Maga. I'd fight in the UFC but I'm just seen as to elite with my skills.

its a shame there is no safe way to see a real display,

like Krav Maga against REAL Wang Chung...

just no safe way to demo skillsets designed to kill,
not for defense.

its a shame there is no safe way to see a real display,

like Krav Maga against REAL Wang Chung...

just no safe way to demo skillsets designed to kill,
not for defense.
Yeah try that Krav Maga on Jon Jones see where it gets you.

All the foundations have been set, as you say a long long fucking time ago. The human body is universally speaking extremely limited in what it can do. Adding technology could be something. Jetpack fights anyone?

As soon as human beings grow a new limb or suction cups or tentacles or something we'll see some revolutionary new MA. Until then the basics of kicking, punching, choking and limb-breaking are going to remain the same as they have always been.

Likely, poked in the eye, and then he wont be able to see at all.
I just feel like Krav Maga people some of them at least feel some type of superiority and label mma fighters as ineffective in a real life situation. I guess I'm trying to say just because someone "trains" Krav Maga and that's it meant to kill doesn't mean they can execute it in real life.

There is its called I trane UFC

I just feel like Krav Maga people some of them at least feel some type of superiority and label mma fighters as ineffective in a real life situation. I guess I'm trying to say just because someone "trains" Krav Maga and that's it meant to kill doesn't mean they can execute it in real life.

I studied Krav Maga for about a year, was intense. Too intense for my old bones and bulging discs anyhow. I didn't find it all that different from other arts.

Also, I agree, training doesn't necessarily equate to ability.

I’m guessing that simply BECAUSE I looked at this thread on my phone then went on to Instagram.... but WOULDNT YOU KNOW IT.
Here’s an instagram ad for a NEW MARTIAL ART.

I kinda agree with this.

Many of the martial arts were in response to a need. Many times they were created to help unarmed warriors in combat. Capoiera, for example was created so that African slaves in Brazil could disguise their training under the guise of dancing and the Portuguese masters would be none the wiser.

We now have mixed martial arts which was developed so that fighters can be well-rounded in both standing aspects or on the ground.

What else can be developed?

MMA seems to be the new art that has developed for 1v1 cage combat.

I used to think it was relatively BS for self-defense due to the frequency in which bad guys use group attacks and weapons.

Eventually I stumbled upon an interesting HEMA (Historical European Martial Arts - almost all weapon based) quote where in the discussion of sword duels the thought was essentially that if the two sword fighters are both competent then the best wrestler of the two usually wins the duel. Apparently blade binds and using grappling to get a dominant position so you could stab your enemy to death were pretty common.

I’m guessing that simply BECAUSE I looked at this thread on my phone then went on to Instagram.... but WOULDNT YOU KNOW IT.
Here’s an instagram ad for a NEW MARTIAL ART.

Elbows! So much luv for Elbows!

I like some of the rolling/sliding strikes they are showing.

The popularity of MMA has essentially been influencing the evolution of new forms of martial arts. It’s happening in front of our eyes mate.

Zabit Magomedsharipov would mess up someone in a real life situation.

90% of them became obsolete when we actually started testing them against each other.

Jeet Kune Do was created in the late 60s, that's probably one of the newer martial arts/philosophies that is used by fighters in the UFC.

I haven't seen any fighters talk about or use anything from Krav Maga, with fighters like Noad Lahat who was most famous for getting knocked with flying knees twice, that came about in the 40s I think, so it's also relatively newer.

Back