How come there hasn’t been any NEW marshal arts?????

PrideJitZoo

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You’d think in this day in age with all the technology and knowledge we have about everything that we’d also come up with a better marshal art rather than learning an ancient form of fighting such as BJJ or karate that was also taught 1000s of years ago when people also didn’t know any better.

I've never heard of Marshal before but I am sure he is a great artist.

Bro I do Krav Maga. I'd fight in the UFC but I'm just seen as to elite with my skills.

51C79484-9F85-4C1C-BE1A-2A93BF99A99B.jpeg
You’re not looking hard enough TS. There’s a new marshal art that takes place in a fire pit.

BJJ is thousands of years old?

1200px-Carl_Gustaf_Emil_Mannerheim.png

BJJ is relatively new, Boxing has been being refined over a century.

Also, this is human body mechanics and movement, not really much room to innovate

Some of these "ancient" martial arts are constantly evolving. Lately "the meta" in BJJ has shifted towards strong leg lock game from the infamous staying in guard all day long. In sambo, particularly combat sambo, people tend to include all techniques in their game that work in combat situations.

Tank Abbot put a moratorium on fight evolution,solving the game...

Tanks to him:

Gymkata: Out
Pit Fighting: In and here to stay.

soon it will be bigger than soccer.

It's called guns

I kinda agree with this.

Many of the martial arts were in response to a need. Many times they were created to help unarmed warriors in combat. Capoiera, for example was created so that African slaves in Brazil could disguise their training under the guise of dancing and the Portuguese masters would be none the wiser.

We now have mixed martial arts which was developed so that fighters can be well-rounded in both standing aspects or on the ground.

What else can be developed?

So what's the most recent martial art that has been invented?

Guns really put a hurting on the creating a martial art business.

You’d think in this day in age with all the technology and knowledge we have about everything that we’d also come up with a better marshal art rather than learning an ancient form of fighting such as BJJ or karate that was also taught 1000s of years ago when people also didn’t know any better.
The countless spelling and factual errors in this post aside, I get the spirit of it. Welcome to Sherdog!

Id say all martial arts are evolving quite rapidly. BJJ for example. How many new submissions have been introduced in the last 25 years? You also have Gorilla-Jitsu, Thug-Jitsu, etc.
You also have new rule sets. EBI, combat JJ.
Im not 100% sure about Karate, Judo, wrestling, but Id imagine they are also taught and practiced differently than 25 years ago.
Hell, there are a number of HS and College wrestling videos that show people integrating JJ, and different sweeps into matches.

I think its cool to watch. You can actually "see" evolution of these disciplines.

Back