How come Rousey doesn't get credit for going out on her shield?

Child, please.
Getting hit throughout the fight... she was losing the fight, but she was not in a clinch or in a submission and refused to tap.
It would have been utterly ridiculous for her to stop there.

The fight became one-sided when she got kicked in the head, and by then it was too late. She was out.
As for the Nunes fight, as you noted, it went too fast and she was saved by the ref.

Going out on her shield would mean she knew she was doomed but did not tap. Like Nog did against Mir. Or many fighters who rather went to sleep than tap.
Miesha is one of those fighters. Holm as well.
They went out on their shield.

Ronda did not. She was beaten. simple as that.

I believe what Ortizgnp is saying is that Ronda was getting lit up and although she was getting lit up not once did that stop her from advancing forward and engaging, she got beat up but she still tried to be aggressive to the best of her abilities until the end. That is going out on your shield.

I believe what Ortizgnp is saying is that Ronda was getting lit up and although she was getting lit up not once did that stop her from advancing forward and engaging, she got beat up but she still tried to be aggressive to the best of her abilities until the end. That is going out on your shield.

she didn't want that Nunes fight to be over either. As hurt as she was she wanted to keep going. Not sure how anyone can not see that.

Last edited:
she didn't want that Nunes fight to be over either. As hurt as she wanted to keep going. Not sure how anyone can not see that.

Some people are blinded by hatred and yet still find their way to their keyboard to argue like:
BmFjcIJCcAAjCbI.jpg

Because ronda reminded them of that female bully that beat them up & took their lunch money in elementary

They was having crazy nightmares of rondas mean mug like tortured souls waking up in cold sweats it really fucked them up when she started knocking bitches out stiff

Ronda lowkey terrorized them to the point that they couldnt even function in society or pleasure their partners or selves until she lost now they vicariously live threw gifs & videos of her knockouts & making fun of anything they can

But yes ronda was a gangsta to the end in that cage

But, but, but sherdog said she would never return after holly.

I'm not convinced that wasn't an inflatable Rousey doll stuffed with cottage cheese instead of Ronda herself.

Nevermind. The bag of cottage cheese would have shown better striking.

"but she was not in a clinch or a in a submission and refused to tap" {<huh}

what the hell are you even talking about? you can't "go out on your shield" unless you refuse to tap to a submission? Honda got her shit pushed in from the first second of the fight, got her jaw shattered and ultimately her head kicked off. She barely took a step back during the entire fight despite losing and getting countered clean everytime she tried to engage. the fight was over after the first round, everyone knew what was coming.

that is called heart, child, even if you're not a fan of that person.

Kid, you are wrong.
She went forward because it was the only way she could win that fight.

And she could win, if she could grab Holm, which she did not.

By the time Holm kicked her and she dropped, she couldn't tap. She was out.

So again, you are wrong.

I understand his point, but he is wrong.
Being aggressive was her only play. Staying at distance would play Holm's game, so she had no choice.

Look, this is a fight. She can't "give up" just because her gameplan was not working. That would be stupid.

Going out in your shield is if you don't tap while mounted, or being submitted, or in some position you keep getting beat while not being able to escape.

Ronda was not trapped. Ronda was not getting submitted. She was also not even in a clinch position.

She was losing a fight, but no fighter gives up just because their gameplan is not working. That's not how it works.

Being aggressive was her only play. Staying at distance would play Holm's game, so she had no choice.

Look, this is a fight. She can't "give up" just because her gameplan was not working. That would be stupid.

Going out in your shield is if you don't tap while mounted, or being submitted, or in some position you keep getting beat while not being able to escape.

Ronda was not trapped. Ronda was not getting submitted. She was also not even in a clinch position.

She was losing a fight, but no fighter gives up just because their gameplan is not working. That's not how it works.
<JagsKiddingMe>

Because the way she acted right after the fight? She created a fake personality for herself with the help of the UFC and the moment things got tough, she went from being one of the most vocal, obnoxious UFC fighters ever, to being completely silent and refusing to talk about her losses. If she played off her losses better and opened up, a lot of fellow fans would've been more receptive towards her.

Go watch Machida/Couture and listen for the phrase during that commentary. I think you have a different understanding than many fight fans.

Rousey looked lost but went out on her shield in the Holm fight. Rousey didn't even have a shield for the Nunes fight.

Go watch Machida/Couture and listen for the phrase during that commentary. I think you have a different understanding than many fight fans.
I tried, but the only links I found was only about the knockout... nothing about going out on their shield.

anyway, my view of going out on your shield is when defeat is imminent, you do not waver.
You get KO'd but you don't tap.

And that's my point.
Ronda was losing? sure. But she did not know she was about to get kicked in the head and lose.
There's a huge difference.

This is a fight. Any fighter can get the momentum, the other one will be "losing" That doesn't mean they are "going out on their shields".
That means they got to survive and try to turn the fight around.

The "going out on the shield" is like when Nog didn't tap to Mir even though he knew there was no way out the submission. Or how Holm went to sleep against Tate instead of tapping when she knew there was no way out.

Going out on your shield is about knowing there's no way out.

That is the essence of how I se "going out on your shield".

And say what you want, Ronda was not in that situation (against Holm). It was a battle of styles, and in order for Ronda to be effective, she would have to get in the clinch. So she chased Holm.

She did not know she was about to be kicked in the head. There was no way to know that.

This is akin to Khabib fight against Johnson.
Khabib was getting lit up on his feet. He was losing, but he kept trying to get closer to Michael.
Once he got him, he won that fight.

So you are telling me Khabib was "going out on his shield"? I disagree.
As Khabib proved, he turned the fight around and won it.

I tried, but the only links I found was only about the knockout... nothing about going out on their shield.

anyway, my view of going out on your shield is when defeat is imminent, you do not waver.
You get KO'd but you don't tap.

And that's my point.
Ronda was losing? sure. But she did not know she was about to get kicked in the head and lose.
There's a huge difference.

This is a fight. Any fighter can get the momentum, the other one will be "losing" That doesn't mean they are "going out on their shields".
That means they got to survive and try to turn the fight around.

The "going out on the shield" is like when Nog didn't tap to Mir even though he knew there was no way out the submission. Or how Holm went to sleep against Tate instead of tapping when she knew there was no way out.

Going out on your shield is about knowing there's no way out.

That is the essence of how I se "going out on your shield".

And say what you want, Ronda was not in that situation (against Holm). It was a battle of styles, and in order for Ronda to be effective, she would have to get in the clinch. So she chased Holm.

She did not know she was about to be kicked in the head. There was no way to know that.

This is akin to Khabib fight against Johnson.
Khabib was getting lit up on his feet. He was losing, but he kept trying to get closer to Michael.
Once he got him, he won that fight.

So you are telling me Khabib was "going out on his shield"? I disagree.
As Khabib proved, he turned the fight around and won it.

a9c.png

Rousey didn't "go out on her shield". She went out swinging. Make the distinction if you want.

TS' problem is that he likes her and doesn't understand why other people don't like her. These are half the topics on this board "I like so-and-so and so should every one else. Anyone who doesn't is stupid."

Pretty much sums up TS' thread.

I like her so yea u are right. However your second part is wrong. IDC for Wanderlai but I give credit where credit is due. He comes to fight and is exciting and he also goes out on his shield.

I can not care for someone and give them credit. I don't like tom Brady but he is a awesome QB.

Most on sherdog can't acknowledge ppl they hate that most are good fighters.

<45><45><45>

Just stare at your av and let the anger leave you.
I am not angry.
I was merely noting I gave you an answer. You basically play dumb and didn't read on a site made for reading.

but you already provided the answer. You either want a video or look at pictures...
in other words, useless.

Back