How come Paige VanZant isn't getting the equal amount of hate for ducking like other fighters do?

Because every now and then she lets herself go and I stop caring. On DWTS she was B+ but you just know she is going to let herself go. When that is literally the only thing you've got going for yourself you'd think you'd keep on top of your energy balance wouldn't you?! Lazy. Selfish and lazy.

Three reasons

Paige+VanZant+Stops+Starbucks+sZeAZwofp3Ox.jpg

92087ebba3cec78c9b5e4d9de8bb5877.jpg

paige-vanzant-at-dwts-rehearsals-in-hollywood-3-14-2016-4.jpg
Remember team alpha male already hit that

Better question is why #1 ranked WBW fighter calls out # 11 WSW fighter.

Cuz no one gives a shit about a talentless broad that couldn't fight her way outta a wet paper bag

I thought it was actually smart on Valentina's part given that PVZ implied on Twitter that she would be first in line for title shot against the TUF winner (who will be the first FLW champion). Valentina's calling out of Paige was basically to say, oh you want to fight for the title, let's have a title eliminator. I thought it was more of an establishing of a hierarchy. I doubt she ever assumed Paige would fight her. It would be way too much too soon for her entering a new division and coming off a loss and layoff.

Sherdog loves to hate on pretty much every other fighter for ducking but then PVZ comes along and ducks Shevchenko and now all of the sudden Sherdog is supportive or hush about it. What gives?
Because she's nothing special to begin with.

because Dana was asked about giving her a title shot and he said it wasnt happening.....

And he kinda laughed when asked.....like implying she isnt ready for one.....

Better question: why isn't Shevchenko getting more hate for calling out what should be such an easy opponent?

Paige Michelle VanZant (born March 26, 1994) is an American mixed martial artist

Paige looks like one of those tiny monkeys. Still wood tho

She is a good fighter, but she isnt champion material. It isnt like she is a champ that wont defend her belt

If a bear runs away from a wolf you can call that bear a duck.
If a bird flies away from a wolf you cant call that bird a duck. (Well unless it actually is a duck....).

Because very few give a shit about WMMA.

That's a nice way of saying Sherdog is full of closeted homosexuals who love sweaty men rolling around with each other and think girls are icky.

But yeah, it's a non-story. Paige is too lazy to cut the fat for 115. She literally had old-lady flab hanging from her arms at the weigh-ins for her last fight. A fight in which she got destroyed in 3 minutes by a former Atomweight. She is a 115lb fighter. She will get murked by *any* decent 125lb'er, never mind an elite killing machine like Valentina Shevchenko.

She shouldn't get mocked for turning down that fight.

She should get mocked for not working hard enough at 115.

Because unlike mm, she's not claiming to be goat. And unlike Cruz, she's not claiming to be top ten goat

Because she's not very good and nobody gives a shit about her, although, occasionally, we like to look at photos of her posing half-naked.

Quit your hating on Valentina, buddy.

It's simple they're both 125lbers now. The reason Valentina called her out was because Paige announced she was getting the first title shot at 125lbs against the TUF winner. Valentina wants it and was willing to throw down with PVZ to earn it.

It's a totally reasonable call out, the UFC has (supposedly) attempted to gift PVZ the #1 contender spot in the new division. When I think almost everyone agrees Valentina deserves it more (and would destroy PVZ should they fight).

Everyone knows she hasn't earned it and she's getting the shot due to her dancing with the stars stint and other non-fight related reasons.

Better question: why isn't Shevchenko getting more hate for calling out what should be such an easy opponent?

It's funny you hate on Valentina but were in tears when everyone gave stick to Joanna. I imagine if Joanna decided she was going to 125lbs and called out PVZ, you would have no issue with Joanna posturing against poor little Paige. I can't even begin to imagine how much you'd hate Valentina is she acted like Joanna does.

It's simple, this is a new division and the UFC have (supposedly) attempted to gift PVZ a title shot. Valentina wants the belt (like most fighters), we all know the title is going to the TUF winner, so who gets first shot is up for grabs. Valentina was totally justified in calling PVZ out for a 'title eliminator' bout.

The question is why should PVZ get first shot ? Why not Valentina who is coming off a title fight in the 135lb division ? The fact everyone, including Valentina detractors such as your self, admit it's such an easy fight for her says it all. Valentina would walk through Paige, she's the better fighter and has earned the title shot more so than PVZ. Not to mention the fact she's willing to fight to earn it, instead of wanting to wait it out and get gifted it.

This title shot wasn't earned by PVZ, it's being gifted due to looks, popularity and her DWTS stint. The fact some people don't have a problem with that is odd, considering how much UFC fans supposedly hate unjustified title shots.

The fact people are giving Valentin stick for this is hilarious. Imagine a fighter wanting to fight, imagine a fighter wanting to earn the title shot and challenging those in their way. Can you imagine that ? How horrible.

What if PVZ won the title and refused to fight Valentina ? It's possibly, I mean we have many champions who attempt to avoid unfavorable match ups. It's a smart move on Valentinas part to attempt to interject here and stop PVZ from holding up the division, it's also smart to publicly call her out to front on her and make her look weak, in case she does win the title and Valentina can use the call out as PR, she could sit there and 'sell the fight' by saying PVZ has ducked her and is continuing to do so. It pressures PVZ to accept the fight in the future to save face.

Don't you Joanna fans love 'selling fights' ? Fighters who talk a big game ?

Back