How come Paige VanZant isn't getting the equal amount of hate for ducking like other fighters do?

Sherdog loves to hate on pretty much every other fighter for ducking but then PVZ comes along and ducks Shevchenko and now all of the sudden Sherdog is supportive or hush about it. What gives?
It is a very understandable. PVZ has self preservation.

Valentina is too much for PVZ and would end PVZ to the ER.

Another way to look at it is I would not call a guy Iike Walt Harris turning down a prime Cain Velasquez fight a “duck”

It’s too big a fight too soon

Three reasons

Paige+VanZant+Stops+Starbucks+sZeAZwofp3Ox.jpg

92087ebba3cec78c9b5e4d9de8bb5877.jpg

paige-vanzant-at-dwts-rehearsals-in-hollywood-3-14-2016-4.jpg
She knows she is hot, I wonder what Cody thinks when he sees her

Personally I'm okay with fighters ducking, so long as they're not the champ. Getting that belt is literally every fighter's dream, and the champ should not take that opportunity away for his/her selfish interests.

I'm sure others are already saying it, but PVZ is not champ and she's not holding up a division on account of not fighting. In fact, her not fighting only influences her and maybe Jessica Eye who has reason to expect that said bout would happen. If PVZ opted to never step into the cage in 2018 it would not impact rankings, it would not impact championship bouts, etc.

Plus she gets plenty of (unjust in my opinion) hate like many other fighters..

Exactly. She is not proclaiming herself to be a GOAT or the paper champ and then not fighting top contenders and not defending a belt. That would be just a mismatch of a fight.

I'd be pretty forgiving if Beneil Dariush turned down a fight against Luke Rockhold too.

Because out of bunch of girls with daddy problems and no tits she's the best of the bunch to look at

We all know she ain't a real fighter so why expect her to act like one

The second she gets a better offer she will be long gone

She fights hard when she fights, she is just not elite level. That is no real secret to anyone.

I would agree with your assessment but what does that have to do with her getting a pass on ducking a fight? Trying to “social media” your way to a title shot then ducking to be more accurate

cuz she isnt that good.

usually ppl call out good mma fighters that dodge real opponents ala might mouse.

It's wmma all that matters is the fighters look good

I

Plus she gets plenty of (unjust in my opinion) hate like many other fighters..

I agree
A thread about PVZ not getting shit on SD is crazy since most post give her shit

Back