How come no one tries to take Khabib down?

He's been taken down a few times that I've seen. He instantly subbed a couple of them. I'm a bit busy right now but maybe someone can dig out a video or two?
I'm sure his defensive wrestling is fine. But no one has ever tried to throw him off his game.
Khabib fights are usually him chasing and his opponent near the fence looking to counter or defend the take down.
No one has tried beating him at his own game and catching him off guard. All of his opponents have pretty much reacted the same to him.

Abel, Oleg Bagov, Arymarcel Santos did take him down

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/d...stern-european-career.3830345/#post-144836697

Yes, please take Khabibi down.
6.gif
Khabib has much better Takedowns but he doesn't have Werdum's level of submission grappling.

I'm talking about actually shooting for the TD not a clinch tie up that gives Khabib leverage. Gus vs. Jones is a good example of a fighter surprising a wrestler without playing his game. I know nobody is going to out wrestle Khabib especially in the clinch. What I'm talking about is a surprise shot.
Trujillo shot for a takedown and got it....what happened after was all Khabib...

Tibau took him down easily a couple time but could not maintain control, same with Trujillo.

It will take a grappler on the level of Kevin Lee or above, which he has yet to fight.

Yeah, Lee or Gillespie...or quite a few guys if he moves to WW.

I'm sure his defensive wrestling is fine. But no one has ever tried to throw him off his game.
Khabib fights are usually him chasing and his opponent near the fence looking to counter or defend the take down.
No one has tried beating him at his own game and catching him off guard. All of his opponents have pretty much reacted the same to him.
Like this, you mean?

cGMmJyB.gif

Tibau got him down twice and stopped all of khabibs takedowns.

Back