How come no one tries to take Khabib down?

Because this is what happens when you try.
cGMmJyB.gif

And let's say you somehow get on top. The only two times that has occurred, this has happened:

nice

Forgot about this

thanks

how come no one tried to eye poke Bones? Because your fingers will never reach as far as his.

Trujillo took him down once at the start of their fight.

Then Khabib took him down and kept letting him up 23 times to make a point.

I'm talking about actually shooting for the TD not a clinch tie up that gives Khabib leverage. Gus vs. Jones is a good example of a fighter surprising a wrestler without playing his game. I know nobody is going to out wrestle Khabib especially in the clinch. What I'm talking about is a surprise shot.
The guy you quoted just posted a second video showing someone doing that. It worked quite easily. But it looks like Khabib has an incredible bottom game too that we just don't see often..

BUT a bottom game is just a bottom game. They don't work against the best anymore. No matter how good. It looks like Khabib has shit double leg takedown defense. A guy that lands doubles and is good at avoiding being swept or subbed can beat him. GSP.

More so, I would think low kicks on that lead leg would be the best strategy. Clearly standing there and waiting to counter punch a wrestler isn't.

I’d like to see him vs more pure BJJ guys. Funny how styles make fights. That’s not something I say about just about any other champion except Khabib. RDA, Tavares, and Tibau count but they aren’t big submission guys.

Granted there aren’t many world level BJJ guys at LW. Ferguson may actually be the best style fight
I just don't see Khabib getting subbed. World class grapplers talk about what an ani male he is.

cGMmJyB.gif

And let's say you somehow get on top. The only two times that has occurred, this has happened:

End of thread.

It's best to stay as far away from the dude as possible, because if you fuck up you're getting subbed or you just gave him a free TD and then it's pain time/Khabib time.

I'm sure his defensive wrestling is fine. But no one has ever tried to throw him off his game.
Khabib fights are usually him chasing and his opponent near the fence looking to counter or defend the take down.
No one has tried beating him at his own game and catching him off guard. All of his opponents have pretty much reacted the same to him.

No matter how many threads are made about the Tibau fight, somehow that fight is a hole in the collective memory of SD.

I’d like to see him vs more pure BJJ guys. Funny how styles make fights. That’s not something I say about just about any other champion except Khabib. RDA, Tavares, and Tibau count but they aren’t big submission guys.

Granted there aren’t many world level BJJ guys at LW. Ferguson may actually be the best style fight
he actually fought against Arymarcel Santos (Carlson Gracie)

cGMmJyB.gif

Poor Abel was really clueless on the ground, unfortunately....

At one point, he got the reverse, hold of Khabib´s legs, but he chose to dive in Khabib´s guard
rather than secure the side control...

He hasn't fought a grappler on his level.

Back