How come Dagestan/Chechen fighters never go for the belt?

You think they're asking for cans or journeyman?

They want the tough fights. Some of them have called guys out but not no avail.

Just stating facts, nothing more.

Plus at least three of them (Khabilov, Rashid Magomedov and Tumenov) had their top-10 match ups and lost. If you can't beat Beneil Dariush or Gunnar Nelson, maybe you're not that good after all (at least champion level good) and your big win streak didn't mean that much.

A lot of talent in this region, but I think they are not that marketable in the "west".

They don't even dominate KSW or Bellator. What is there. 1 champion with 1 defense? That's at MW. It would be more impressive to dominate a manlet division where the UFC is not paying them much so the talent is spread across all worldly fight leagues.

Same hype around French or Cuban fighters.

Are you kidding? the most dominating fighter in KSW is a Chechen and one of the best WWs was also a Chechen.

Khasbulaev dominated the FW division in Bellator before singing with a Russian promotion, Shamhalaev also won the Bellator Grand prix.

The third biggest promotion is from the Chechnya and almost all of their champions are North Caucasian.

A lot of them are very good fighters, even deserve to be in the top 10/15 over others. But Ramadam is annoying. If this event didn't exist, you would see more of these guys fight more often.

Also.. a lot of them have not been given the opportunity to prove themselves. Taisumov is getting fed guys he easily beats, khabilov too (but doesn't really have finishes/memorable fights), Makhachev is a bright prospect at LW, Zabit, Magomed etc are all on their way up.

007 373 5963 at the start menu will get you a fight with the champ. Other than that, I think to become a contender, you need KO losses...or is it wins? I don't know either bro.

Khabib keeps missing fights. It was pretty clear the UFC was planning to give him a title shot from the way they were talking about him. But you don't get title shots if you don't fight.

Back