How come Boxers always make weight?

They don't cut a lot of weight

No one in MMA is missing like 10 pound cuts

They're missing 20+ usually

weight classes. bring me 165 and 175 and till never misses weight again. till, gastelum, kevin lee, khabib and many more

Some guys just want to try to cut ridiculous amounts of weight. If there was a 175 pound class Till would probably be trying to cut from five pounds heavier.

What is the main reason we dont hear about many missed weight cuts in Boxing?

The last one I remember was that Gervonta Davis dude, but he missed by like 2 pounds.

Are MMA fighters just not as professional? Are there not enough weight classes in MMA?

Its because for some reason MMA fighters are massive weight bullies they want to have a massive size and muscle advantage and kill themselves just to have a 30 pound weight advantage

I think MMA fighters should just focus on technique and stop power lifting for size, work on skill, a lot of the best grapplers were not monster muscled guys look at John Smith one of the greatest wrestlers in NCAA looked like a twig but was so good in his division and didn't cut much weight.

If fighters fought at their natural weight division and focused on technique it would create better fights and make the skill level much higher.

Some guys just want to try to cut ridiculous amounts of weight. If there was a 175 pound class Till would probably be trying to cut from five pounds heavier.
I doubt that. but let's try then. make 165 and then we'll see

weight classes. bring me 165 and 175 and till never misses weight again. till, gastelum, kevin lee, khabib and many more

The 15 pound weight gaps between LW and WW and WW and MW is too much.

You're either doomed as a small MW or WW or doomed to cut a crapton of weight.

I think it’s becaue there are like double the amount of divisions.

More weight classes and guys tend to fight closer to there natural weight. Look at Mayweather he hardly cut at all and just moved up as he grew. His fights at 154 he couldn't even make the limit.

1 word, WRESTLERS!!! The big weight cut you see in mma is because there are so much wrestlers in the sport & they all are use to cutting massive amounts of weight as size & strength is a huge advantage.

heavier weight in striking doesn't mean as much as it does in grappling, so they push the limits less

I’m guessing because most fight near their walk around weight and only guys who really let themselves go between fights(like depicted in Raging Bull) have to spend as much time on weight cutting as MMA fighters where there is 15-20 pounds separating each weight class after 155.

Boxing has a lot of weight classes

They should try ONE model

Boxers do miss weight. More weight classes and smaller gaps between each class makes it easier to find the weight you can make consistently

Weight advantages in striking sports don't help as much. MMA fighters are just cutting ridiculous amouts of weight.

A big cut for a boxer would be half (or less) than an average cut for MMA fighters

They have, like 6 lbs in betweet weight classes. That probably helps them manage

There are smaller gaps between weight classes in boxing and more weight divisions in general. Easier to make weight and find a comfortable division when there's so many to fight in.

More weight classes less you compromise what your optimal weight classes. This is like Dana needs to hurry the fuck up and add at least two more and re-shuffle every other division.

It would certainly help guys like some of the ones you mentioned who are just slightly too big for the weight class under them and too small for the one they're in.

Guys like Till would still try to cut as much as possible to get an advantage tho.

Back